about

If there's one thing Lucinda Petrone has always been able to rely on, it's that her famous mother and lawyer father aren't particularly reliable

If there's one thing Lucinda Petrone has always been able to rely on, it's that her famous mother and lawyer father aren't particularly reliable. Luckily, her best friends —Ned and Magnolia—are always there for her.

But when Luce's mother remarries the day before Luce's eighteenth birthday, the wedding sets in motion a chain of events that will challenge everything Lucinda thinks she knows about family, friendship and love.

This is a story about unwanted change, shifting plans, taking risks, accidental boyfriends, unexpected butterflies, and grandmothers with attitude (not necessarily in that order).

This is Lucinda's story.

******

"The thing about butterflies is that you can't really trust them.

The basic facts speak for themselves. A butterfly starts life as a glorified slug, lives on an all-liquid diet, and tastes things with its feet. Most of them only survive for a few weeks. Not the kind of insect that screams 'wise and reliable oracle'.

So, when a kaleidoscope of butterflies takes up residence in your abdomen, the best thing to do is to take a deep breath, relax, and completely ignore them. After all, the pretty little suckers will be dead soon anyway.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself."

******

Featured book on Teen Fiction (October 2021), YA (November 2021),
YA Romance (January 2022), and Newly Written Books (January 2022)

******
Winner of First Place in Chick Lit, as well as 'Most Swoon-worthy Kiss',
2021 Punk Rock Awards, hosted by Pretty in Punk Book Club

Joint Winner for Best Protagonist and Best Ending Chapter, Runner Up for Best Writing Style, and Honorable Mention for Best First Line, The Leal Mini Awards (Fall Edition) 2021, hosted by TheLealCommunity

Author's note:

'A Shot of Petrone' is about as 'me' as it gets and I have loved every minute of writing it. I hope that you love it too. Any and all reads, votes and constructive feedback are greatly appreciated.

Maturity level: Lucinda is eighteen and her story is written as such. It's a story that is, at least in part, about a girl deciding to sleep with her best friend and the consequences of that decision. There will be at least one sex scene. However, it is not gratuitous or graphic in nature.

Photo credits:

Credit for the photograph used to create the cover goes to Zoran Zonde Stojanovski on Unsplash.