How it began (chapter 1)

Ava's prov

I remember what things were like before we began at Hogwarts. Katy never played games with me like you would expect your twin sister to. No, Katy was never like that. She hardley ever talked to me, yet some how she new everything about me.

She was also very protective, I remember our older brother, Sam, took us to a muggle playground, it was filled with children, it had two swing sets , two slides, a roundabout thing and a seesaw . Ofcourse i was facinated I mean I have never seen such a thing, Katy on the other hand could not have been more bored. She just sat there staring plainly at her hands, but when some kid pushed me because he wanted to go next on the swing, Katy jumped up and chased him around the playground, so fast dust was flying everywhere, when she caught him lest just say it got messy.

One night I over heard my parents talking about how worried they were about her. That it was strange how Katy never came to them for anything, and about how she shut them out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our home has been in our family for centuries. It is a beautiful manor with white stone on the outside accompanied by large glass windows. On the inside each room was different. For example the enterance hall is very old fashioned, with a polished marble floor and pictures of our ancestors hanging on the wall in sparkling silver frames. My room is a light purple with a soft cream carpet. There is a king sized bed in the middle, vintage dressers and a large vintage wardorbe, with a large class door leading out to a balconey with the most amazing view possibe of the gardens surrounding our manor. I have no idea what Katy's room looks like, but she hardley leaves it, not even for dinner. Our family are all Gryffindor's it has been like that since forver. We pride ourselves on that. Gryffindor's are brave and ditermined. Why would you want to be anything else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember my first time on the Hogwarts express. I travelled in a compartment withe the one and only Harry Potter, and some boy I soon learnt was called Ron Weasley and my sister. Harry bought all the sweets from a sweet trolly and the boys stuffed their faces, i ate what i managed to grab before the two savages ate everything, Katy ate nothing. Ron and i explained the ways of the houses to Harry and then Ron told us about how he was worried what might happen if he didn't get intoo Gryffindor, this was the thing that made me start to panick. Katy said nothing for the whole trip just stared blankly out the window. When we were waiting for professor McGonagall, Katy whispered to me that there was no doubt in her mind that I would get into Gryffindor. This having been the first thing she said to me that month made me feel a bit more comfertable.

I recall waiting for my name to be called to be sorted into a house, after each childs house was sorted a roar of laughter and cheers could be heard has they walked back to their new home. When the Professor called my name, i felt excited and nervous bubbles form in my stomach. I walked up to the stool and sat down, almost as soon the hat touched my head it screamed Gryffindor. I was filled with so much joy as i ran to join my new house mates. I sat beside my now best friends aka the golden trio. I felt safe and happy until I heard professor McGonagall call Katy up to be sorted. The hat sat on her head for about five sollid minutes until it screamed Slytherin. Needless to say I was horrified. What would mum and dad think of this? I mean any other house but Slyytherin. As she walked to join her new housemates our eyes locked across the hall, she had a plain face on , she even looked slightly bored. She must have seen the look on my face because she looked away and sat beside a blonde haired boy, I now know to be called Draco Malfoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats the first chapter done. Please vote and comment. I need constructive critizism. Oh and btw this is unedited. Thank You soooooo much xxxx I love you already xxx I'm now going to write an essay that i was supposed to be doing while wrighting this.... oops :)