Flight (Chapter 4)

Katy's prov

The great hall is filled with people enjoying their breakfast, or rushing to complete homework for the day. Umbridge is extremely odd and very harsh on students, but her and Draco's father work together so we get off easily. The hoots of owls filled the air, the morning mail has arrived. A large package lands on the table in front of us, Draco's face lit up.

''What on Earth is that, Draco?'', I wonder aloud.

''New robes, new broom, new shoes, and some fire whiskey I asked one of the house elves to sneak in for the party this weekend''.

'' Well aren't you prepared''.

''Your sister got a package too, and a letter.''

''Okay... your point?'', I look up into his sparkling silver eyes questionably.

''Just saying..... you know in all the years we've been friends, I never once seen you get any post, what's the point in the bird?''.

''I send you letters during the summer don't I. Besides, I have her trained to get my food from the kitchens while I'm home so that I don't have to get it myself''.

''But you never get letters from your parents, or from your brother.'' Draco looks honestly concerned. I laugh at his expression.

''Draco, I don't remember the last time I talked to any of them, why would they write to me? They've got little miss perfect over there'', I glance over to Ava who is admiring her new dress and writing set she received from our parents. Her and the Granger girl are talking in an extremely girly manner and giggling. I roll my eyes and look to Draco.

''Hmm, well they only think she's perfect because they don't talk to you'', I smile at this, genuinely smile.

''Such sweet words from the Slytherin prince'', I laugh at the name he has been rewarded by the other Slytherins. He smirks.

''You know, I think Ava was trying to talk to me over the summer, I could hear her pacing up and down outside my room a couple of times'', I say. Draco looks shocked but then I see a glint in his eye and I know he is only messing.

''You mean she was actually interested in why her twin sister doesn't so much as look at her, wow, sooo weird'', his voice dripped with sarcasm. I laughed at this.

''Come on I want to show you something before classes start'', Draco says seriously. I stand up and follow him out of the great hall and out into the cool morning air, and then I notice he was holding his broom in his left hand hiding it from me.

''Nah ah. Nope, No way. No'' I say quickly. I am not, going on a broom. I hate heights. I'm not afraid of them, I hate them with a passion.

''Come on Kitty Kat, it's not that bad. I bet you'll enjoy it'', he coaches as he mounts his broom, his eyes sparkling. He has such nice eyes. That one distraction gave him the chance to grab me onto the broom and zoom right into the air. I scramble to gain balance and wrap my arms tightly around Draco's waist and close my eyes tightly. I feel Draco shake as he laughs and I give him a light punch.

''Careful, If I fall so do you'', This only made me grip him tighter causing him to laugh more.

''Draco'', I scream, ''Land this instant''. Draco ignores my demands and fly's higher into the sky. In and out of the towers of Hogwarts. I bury my face into him and the smell of peppermint over comes me, calming me. I look up and let myself look around. He was right, this isn't so bad. The broom drops suddenly going down very quickly and I bury my face back into Draco and clutch him tighter. The broom stops in mid-air and Draco laughs once again.