Prologue: The Rogue

???: HEY MOM LOOK!!

A young boy of 8 was calling to a woman who looked to be in her mid 30's.

???2: What is it sweetie?

???: Look! I learned how to do your trick!!

He closed his eyes and looked to be concentrating hard. After a few seconds, a few stones started floating in his hands. The woman was astonished by this and had a smile on her face.

???2: Oh my baby boy your an Earthbender!

The woman hugged her child happily.

???: Kasumi, I'm home.

Kasumi: Sol! Come in you won't believe this! Look at what Ryu's done!

A muscular man with red hair came in seeing the boy float the few small pebbles in his hands.

Ryu: Dad look! I'm an Earthbender just like mom now!

Seeing this made Sol's eyes go wide, but not from happiness.

Sol: Oh no...

Kasumi: What's wrong?

Sol: This is bad. This is very bad...

Ryu: Dad? D-Did I do something wrong?

Sol: Kasumi, you and Ryu must get out of here before-

The door slammed open with men in red armor coming through.

Armored Man: Sol, come out! We know you are hiding a child both of Fire Nation and Earth decent!

Kasumi: The Fire Nation?

Ryu: Mom? Dad?

All of a sudden fire started creeping into the room.

Sol: No, it's to late!

Kasumi: Sol, what's going on?!

Sol: They're here for Ryu! We need to get him out of here!

Kasumi: We can't leave him! He's just a boy!

Sol: Unless we want him to die there's no other way!

Sol leaped forward and punched forward making the flames go back. Through a door came several fire benders.

Sol: Go now! I'll hold them back!

He breathed in and roared out fire. He was assaulted by 2 fire benders who blasted him with flames causing him to go back. Kasumi didn't stand around any longer as she stomped her foot on the ground causing a rock to come up. She kicked it towards a fire bender knocking him back.

Sol: What are you doing Kasumi?! Go with Ryu!

Kasumi: I can't leave my husband behind! I'm sorry Ryu, but mommy and daddy have business to take care of.

Ryu had tears threatening to spill out of his eyes as she said this.

Kasumi: Run son! Just get as far away as you can!

Sol: I want you to know this Ryu, we both love you.

He said nothing as he turned around to look at the window. He looked at it and back at his parents before crying and leaving. He started to run not caring if he tripped or fell as he only kept getting back up.

Ryu: 'Mom! Dad!!'

He continued to run until he wasn't able to anymore. His feet were red and covered in blisters from going barefoot. He looked back to see the fire before collapsing.

Years Later.

A young red and black haired man was in a canoe in the South.

Ryu: *Sigh* Why did it have to be water tribe? Now I can't even bend normally.