Chapter 1 The Woods

This chapter is dedicated to RLeighGale. She made the new book cover. Isn't it freaking awesome!!!

Trailer made by ClaireRenee.

**Ok I just realized today (3-7-12) that chapter 1 got completely deleted.. So sorry guys!! Ok so I've gone through and re-edited this chapter. If you still find something wrong PLEASE let me know.**

Picture of Raya------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

               The moonlight lovingly caressed her fair skin, while the gentle breeze played with her fiery red hair. Raya was spending yet another night out basking in the moon’s rays. She didn’t know why her love for the moon was compelling her to wander outside into the night, but she readily complied. These nightly excursions had been going on for the past month and were becoming increasingly harder to resist with her upcoming birthday. Raya was turning 17 in a week, and with her birthday she would finally gain control of her life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raya POV           I never even knew my parents and here I am turning 17 on the 23rd of July alone. All I know is that they had money; with their death they left me a very large trust fund, capable of supporting me for my entire life.

     A twig snapped, tearing my concentration from my thoughts to my surroundings as I spun towards the sound. I wasn’t afraid like most girls would be, I was angry, Which is super weird, at whomever of whatever was encroaching on my territory. I scanned the tree line, searching for the trespasser, when I saw a pair of amber eyes staring back at my blue ones.

     My blood boiled as it stepped into the moonlight, it was a large dark brown wolf. As it continued to approach me, my anger overrode my burning curiosity and I snarled at it baring my teeth. The wolf cocked its head at me like it couldn’t believe that I was standing my ground. I snarled again showing it that I meant business. I guess it got the point because it backed up and turned to walk away, leaving me once again alone.

     Adrenaline and power coursed through my veins as I realized my victory. What the hell was that! And why the fuck did I snarl at that wolf? Ugh too much weirdness for one night. I went inside and looked at my clock as I lay down in my bed, 12:30. How did I always manage to stay out till after midnight? I thought about it till I finally drifted to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michal POV       I watched as the girl went inside the house. Who was she? And why the hell did she snarl at me

       I turned and started running back towards pack land. She had to be human; another shifter would have recognized me for what I am. She was beautiful though. Her red hair and fair skin seemed to shine in the moonlight and those eyes! He could lose himself in those wonderful light blue eyes.

     As I crossed onto pack land I began to slow down, so I could find my clothes and phase. The moment I reached the tree where I had laid my clothes, I phased and got dressed. Running to my car, I pulled out my cell and called Blake. He’s my best friend and he’ll know what to do.

“Hello, Blake Simmons speaking," my best friend's voice answered.

“Blake, it’s Michal," I answered.

“What’s up?”

“I just saw this girl.”

“Michal, man, it’s like 1 in the morning, what are you doing with a girl?” innuendo Blake questioned, the  innuendo  clear in his voice. Pervert.

“Blake, I was in my wolf form, running in the woods, and I just happened to see her.”

“Wait you saw a girl in the woods? Where?” he asked.

“Near that group foster home. She was walking around in the moonlight.”

“Michal, a human! Dude, she’s probably calling animal control on you!” he shouted accusingly. I rolled my eyes.

“No she’s not, trust me," I reassured him.

“Wait was she a shifter?” he asked confused.

“No, I’m pretty sure she’s human, but get this, when she saw me instead of screaming and running away, she stood her ground and freaking snarled at me, twice!”

“You’re kidding!"

“No, man I’m not. She wasn’t scared. I could smell her anger but she couldn’t be a shifter or else she would have known what I was.”

“Ok dude, we’ve got to find out who this girl is. What did she look like?”

“Fiery red hair, gorgeous ice blue eyes, creamy fair skin, tall but not freakishly tall, sexy curves, and you can tell that she’s got attitude. She’s beautiful and fearless, trust me you’ll know it when you see her.”

“Michal, dude, you are like so into this girl!”

“I know, and I don’t even know her name." I sighed. "Blake, there’s just something about her. I can’t explain it.”

“It’s cool dude, get home, get some sleep, and we’ll do some digging in the morning.”

“Kay man thanks.”

“No prob Michal. I’ll see you in the morning, bye dude.”

“Bye, man.”

"My friends are awesome," I mused out loud.

Only Blake would help me with this. I have no idea why I already seem to be amazed by this girl...