Intro

[image credit to boxx2genetica]

My home was no longer the place I remembered it to be.

Everything was different, new gadgets and technology, freedom, rights... and hidden truths.

Everything I had known, my whole life, was now some superstitious lie or a fantasy that nobody believed in anymore. The truth had somehow been twisted and had evolved into being just a Grimm fairytale that parents would tell their children, adding a happy twist at the end to prevent nightmares.

That was far from the truth.

You see, I was born in the 17th Century and had witnessed the assassinations of kings, world wars, the discovery of new continents, the fall of empires and the rise of dictators.

I wasn't a time traveler, I was a Sorceress. Specifically, I was one of the most powerful in the world.

What made me so powerful you ask?

Well, while most Sorcerers gain their powers through practice as an apprentice, I was born a witch and my supernatural abilities stemmed from birth. I had grown up learning to harness my powers as a White Witch and eventually I gained the rarest of all skills, I was able to call upon Angels for power. This allowed me to perform and even create the most difficult spells and potions my coven had ever seen.

At the age of twenty two years, I no longer needed Wiccan traditions, charms, rituals or even rare solar events for any spells I chose to perform. Thanks to the Angel I could summon, I had all the power I could ever need. I was respected by both my coven and every other coven in America.

However, that respect and admiration quickly morphed into fear and envy when one eventful night, the Angel I summoned gave me his abilities and immortality, choosing to reject his wings and become a mortal man. I was turned from a prodigy White Witch, to one of the most powerful Sorcerers that had ever existed.

That's where things headed south pretty fast.

All the power I had corrupted me and I began delving into impure magic, threatening the safety of my coven, Moonwick, until eventually I was cast out.

Everything I had ever depended on and had known vanished and I was all alone. I had to stand by and watch as generation after generation of Moonwick witches died from old age until eventually, the coven I had been a part of no longer existed. My immortality meant that I could never have a family of my own and instead I lived alone for centuries with only one goal in mind, to create a potion that would grant me my mortality.

I had been trying to achieve that goal for over three hundred and seventy years and had nothing to show for it.

It was now 2015 and the world I grew up in had gone into hiding, we only existed in the shadows and I was adamant on keeping it that way.

I now charged supernatural beings in America for my services and had a vast range of clients from Werewolves to Vampires and even the Fey or other Witches.

Nobody knew the true extent of my powers, nobody knew which Angel gave me his powers and nobody knew my real agenda. That was the way I intended it to stay.

To Supernatural beings I was Allison Grey, the above average Sorceress of Manhattan that looked twenty two.

To Humans I was Allison Grey, the downtown fortune teller that owned a spiritual shop with weird incense and crystals.