Cherrybite- Missforbidden 10

Callum <8bite

Being screamed at made Callum's blood boil, but he clenched his jaw and took a deep breath. After a moment he shuffled to the side and flopped down casually into one of the three old, rag-torn armchairs that were placed around the room. In doing so he fell into the band of light, illuminating his face fully for the first time. For ten seconds or so he looked away from her, staring at the wall, steadying his emotions and planning his words. His right foot twitched rapidly, his heel thumping lightly on the floor as he pondered.

"Think a little more about what you want." he said, finally turning to look at her again. She seemed terrified to the point of delirium. Normally that would all be part and parcel of the thrill for him, but the challenge was different now.

"Maybe you're thinking you'd like to get out," he continued in a calm voice. "Go back to your old boyfriend. But think to yourself...he left you there in the dark and you got taken right from under his nose. How safe are you going to feel with him from now on?"

He watched her reactions carefully. The air was pervaded by the hum of the halogen lamps; the Constancy of the faint noise and the stillness of the glow made it feel like they had stepped outside of time itself. He glanced at the trapdoor atop the ladder at the end of the room. It was locked, and he knew that she had no choice but to remain. If only he could somehow make it her choice...

Getting up again, he walked over to the refridgerator, passing her quite close by. The fridge was at least twenty years old. It had no power, but on being opened it revealed that it was stuffed with bags of store-bought ice at the bottom, and various foodstuffs on the other shelves. He pulled out two cans of soda, opened them both, placed one onto a small vinyl kitchen table, and returned to the chair with the other one. Looking up at her again, he stabbed the air with a point of his finger twice, firstly at the soda, and secondly at another chair just across from him.

Nate <8bite

Nate marked every move he made, her eyes following him to his seat where he collapsed tenuously into the ragged armchair the light casting upon his face revealing who she was dealing with for a mere glimpse before he glanced away from her.

Her breath caught in her throat as she caught those seemingly sardonic eyes glinting jade in the light. He was fidgeting and it was infectious but the fact he acted so airily towards her became even more catching- why wasn't he panicked- why wasn't he cramming her back into the room and locking the door- was there really no way out- no way that she could find.

He finally spoke and she couldnt help but notice how controlled everything was around him, everything around her felt under control too- his control.

She wouldn't stop moving though, pacing one step to the left, another step to the right then back again her breathing like a constant whisper of hushly pronounced words. What did he mean what did she want was that meant as a trick question.

"What?- Old boyfriend" she murmured pausing to stare at him for a second before returning to her limited stalk her voice falling to a hiss once again.

'Old boyfriend.' Did she say they were finished. Did being here mean they were. What was it to do with him about Julian. Her relationship status wasn't anything to do with him. She had nothing to do with him. Why was she here- to be killed- lectured on her choice of partner. Her step faltered some.

He seemed interested in her 'old' boyfriend- it felt like he was building a case against Julian about how lousy he'd been. He'd gone to get drinks wasn't it understandable that normal people didn't expect their girlfriends to get swiped outside a cinema when they were feet away- somehow it seemed worse. Him being so close yet still this guy...right from under his nose...in front of all those people where had they all been looking. If she wasn't so obvious to them how come he'd seen her standing there.