Chapter 1

Ophelia watched the scenery fly by as her head rested against the window

Ophelia watched the scenery fly by as her head rested against the window. The head lights of the other cars lit up her lovely features. Her eyelids drooped slightly, weary with exhaustion and the soothing manner of a thumb brushing her knuckles. She looked over to her left to stare at the handsome profile of her companion.

A strong, sharp jawline. Cleft chin and thin, pink lips. Prominent brows, tousled brown hair and a smirk painted on his face. His brown puppy dog eyes darted away from the road for a second to look into her own hazel ones.

"You're staring again, Sun of Mine." He teased, lightly squeezing her hand. Ophelia rolled her eyes but the smile remained on her face.

"Can I not admire the love of my life?" She asked in the same joking manner.

Kol shook his head and chuckled, "Only if you tell me I'm handsome."

"Kol Mikaelson, light of my life, my soulmate," Ophelia dramatically exclaimed, "You are the most gorgeous man I have ever laid eyes upon."

"Ophelia Gilbert, you truly know how to boost a man's ego." The Mikaelson laughed loudly. She grinned brightly as he laughed, letting out her own small giggle.

She let silence fill the car for a moment before she said, "You know, you never told me where we were going."

"A quaint little town called Beacon Hills." He answered with that mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Oh?" She raised a brow, "Do tell what is so great about this place."

A sly smirk grew on his face as he said, "They seem to have had a sudden surge in animal attacks, sad isn't it? A young girl was even comatosed after being attacked by one."

"You just can't stay away from the chaos can you?" Ophelia's tone was exasperated but there was a fond smile on her face as she gazed at the Wildest Mikaelson. The grin on his face said it all. She let out a quiet yawn and her soulmate chuckled in amusement.

"Rest, Lovely Sun, we'll be there soon." He whispered, raising her hand to press a kiss to her knuckles, never taking his eyes off the road. Her lips pulled up into a tired smile as she snuggled closer into the leather of her seat, letting her eyelids fall shut and eventually sleep took over.