Chapter ~18~

Third person point of view

Just seeing a couple or hearing a mortal song being sung , It all made Aurora sick to her stomach she seemed to lock herself in her room away from her vampire family and away from the lights of the city; they now called home. After the events with Edward they had to move far from the main port and closer to Baton Rouge,as if she cared. Lestat wanted to tell her to come from her room, to stop sulking over this dead mortal. He was happy the boy was dead but,he dare not say it aloud and endure Aurora's wrath and Louis's as well. It can't be helped ; a young girls heart no mater if it has been dead then infused with the blood of an immortal, it is still fragile. He knew she needed time to heal her own wounds to mend her own heart in time she will forget. Hopefully, she will heal quickly.

Whenever it came to her sleeping she slept with Lestat but, she would always wake before him. As she would sleep her dreaming would be of the night Edward died. Over and over again she would relive it. She would push her self deeper into Lestat's form that laid next to her. And once night fell she unwrapped his arms from around her and went to hunt alone. Once she would return from hunting her skin warmer, cheeks a flush of red, and her hair glossy. She would go to her room and read her grand father's spell book saying the spells and making her power flow into the air. She made her mind clear of that night pushing the ordeal behind her, she went out in search of every member of the Trida. Unbeknownst to her vampire family, Aurora would only hunt members of the Trida as she would drain them of their blood she would look into their minds to see other members and an trace of Akumrah. The thoughts helped her find other members but not Akumrah. She was never much worried about telling Lestat for she knew he would want her to drop her vendetta of vengeance. But, she knew that once she rids the area they lived in of the Trida she would have other problems vampire problems. One like Claudia.

Aurora's point of view

The night air was cool and the dress I wore a velvet black dress that pooled at my feet. As I walked with Lestat,Louis, and Claudia around the port my arm in Lestats and Claudia held hands with Louis. How odd we must look to mortals a young black girl in the arm off a white gentlemen, I glanced at Lestat his blue eyes were glittering tonight and Louis he seemed so happy with Claudia whom I loved dearly but, not more then my fathers. The air this night was filled with the sound of different laungeus mixing together Yankees were arriving from the north and although I enjoyed the sounds of the mortal chatter,I rather hated the smell of the blood flowing in their veins. The pure french and Spanish taste was no longer there for with all these new found people our original Creole bloodlines began to thin.

"This filthy modern tide! What I would'nt give for a drop of old-fashioned Creole blood!" Lestat sighed in furstertion that was in that in fact mirrored my own thoughts I smiled at his statement.

"Yankees are not your taste?" Louis asked sounding just as amused as I was. I laughed lightly, enjoying this light hated conversation between the two of them. It felt normal well as normal as it could get between the two.

"Their Democratic flavor doesn't suit my palate, Louis." Lestat replied with a smile.

Singing was heard from a window nearby and Claudia followed the sound I watched her eyes travel to the open window of a hotel wear a woman was standing naked and bathing herself. I narrowed my eyes at how this woman could so openly display herself to the public, I looked into her mind and saw that she was indeed a prostitute.

"Now that is pure Creole!" Lestat sighed I looked at him and glared he cleared his throat and walked toward Claudia.

"Trust Claudia to have found her." He spoke placing a hand on her should which she quickly pushed away and returning to her place at Louis' side.