Chapter ~25~

Third Person Point of view

Armand left the theater the next night in search of Aurora. He could sense her anger her pain, that night she finally admitted to herself that her two companies were guilty. He understood her need to be alone to sit in her own guilt to suffer. He understood far too well the pain of loosing someone you love. The night air was cold and as he walked the cobblestones he pushed his hair behind his ear to listen for her. Walking at a mortals pace so that way he would not alarm her, even though she will still sense him a block away.

She is powerful he feels that even she could kill him. So much power in one so young, one so broken. He heard her voice in a nearby hotel the window to her room was open and the white curtain was flowing outside with the wind. She was humming something, he had never heard it before. He looked up to the window in a way of asking to come up without uttering a single word or releasing a thought.

"Come up if you must Armand." She said in a low voice he could hear that she had been crying all night.

He took to the stone walls and began to climb using his preternatural powers to do so and soon with one leg in the window he stood before her. She sat in a wooden rocking chair her hair was pushed to the right side of her head and her dress was black velvet her eyes were red and her blood tears stained her skin. She looked so innocent, so different from the girl he first met that night. He walked towards her slowly once again in an attempt to not alarm her. His movements were far more lucid than that of Louis's or Claudia's and his aura was thicker than anything she had ever felt.

Aurora looked at him with a blank stare. He looked so beautiful to her even in his simple suite of black and white shirt. Armand got down on his knees in front of her and he was still tall enough to look her in her eyes. She smiled weakly in a soft greeting, he returned it and placed his hand on her cheek. His eyes became small as he read her mind, she did nothing to block it out she was far too tired to do so.

"Oh Aurora, I'm so sorry." He said softly to her she only shook her head and fresh tears began to fall.

"He is gone Armand! He is dead and gone! I won't be able to see him again and he called for me I felt it in my soul. He wanted me; he needed me! And where was I? Nowhere to help him!" She covered her face in her hands and Armand embraced her in his arms. She wrapped her arms around him and pushed her face into his neck. All he could do was hold her, that was all.

"There was nothing you could do mon cheri." He whispered.

"I could have killed them but, then I would feel the guilt of it! I have killed so many and my heart never weighs down. But, if I was to kill Louis and Claudia my heart would ache so badly. I am weak. Just like he said." Her voice dropped from yelling and into a low whisper. Armand pulled her away from his body and looked at her with dark eyes.

"You are not weak Aurora. If I know anything about Lestat it is that he does not make weak fledglings."

Her eyes looked into his and she smiled softly.

"You knew him?"

"Yes, far before you were born. He made his mother Gabrielle, she was so strong in her own independent way. Then he made Nicolas, whom was beautiful in every way but unfortunately he could not handle the powers of being an immortal." Armand explained.

"You killed him, Nicki." She said her voice was like a little bell that rang in his ears.

"How do you know this?" He asked his eyes wide in amazement.

"Your thoughts, I see them. Gabrielle and Nicki. I see you killing other of our kind. I see you killing Nicki. For one so powerful you sure do have a bad way of handling your followers." She smiled at the end of this but Armand did not his mouth was in a hard line.