I Do

Thank you for the constant support. I love hearing how many of you are yearning for more chapters. Here is another update enjoy.

Klaus and I walk hand in hand as we approach Hope. She is feeling guilty for killing Bill that she's forcing herself to decorate his tomb in remembrance of him. "You two didn't have to come." Hope says to us never turning around.

"We wanted to make sure you were all right." Klaus informs her.

"I don't know why we leave flowers. Doesn't do them any good. It's not much of an apology for killing someone."

"Unintentionally." I remind her so she doesn't beat herself up over this more than she needs to.

"Your mother is right. You rid this city of those vermin. You have nothing to apologize for." Klaus exclaims and Hope shakes her head.

"Don't make it sound so noble." She turns to face us and I see the hurt in her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I killed a few bad guys, but it was as much to get the magic out of me as anything else. Besides it's not like it lasted more than a few hours." Hope states and we can't help but look to the dark veins on her arms. "Well, at least he gets his revenge next week when the full moon comes." She says this like she's already given up.

"Hope, whatever much you dread your first transformation, once you go through it, you're gonna feel better." Klaus assures her but she doesn't believe him.

"I don't know if I dread it or if I wish that I could just turn and never turn back."

"You don't mean that." I try to reach for her hand but she pulls back.

"Hayley told me that after the pain, it's one of the best feelings in the world. Just can't believe I have to do this without her."

"No one can replace Hayley. She...she sacrificed a lot for you and your brother. She was there to care for the two of you when we couldn't. But we want to help darling. Let us help." I beg her and she has tears in her eyes.

"I know, but I need to be alone." Hope turns back to the flowers at Bill's grave.

"As you wish." Klaus leaves and I give him a look.

__________________________________
"Mom I said I needed to be alone." Hope calls out to me as she wipes her tears.

"And like how my mother ignored me when I said the same thing to her I'm just doing the same." I smile at my daughter. "You're not alone in this Hope."

"I killed a man and I..."

"Come with me." I hold my hand for her and she looks at me weirdly.

"I..."

"It's not really a question Hope." I motion for her and she finally takes my hand. We take a slow walk through the cemetery.

"Where are we going?"

"We're almost there." I reply to her.

"Mom I..." I make us stop in front of a tomb. "What is this?" Hope asks looking to the headstone I'm gazing at.

"When I was forced to send you away to live under the protection of Auntie Beks I...I was filled with such rage. I took out my anger on those who had what I lost."

"Mom did..." I nod my head.

"I saw those with a happy little family and it killed me. I didn't know how long it was going to be before I saw you again. When I got to hold you and tell you how much I love you. I let my anger get the best of me. And I took innocent lives."

"Why are you telling me this?" Hope asks me.

"I'm telling you this because...guilt is a natural thing. This will not be the first nor the last time you will have that feeling."