36FH

Paris' POV
"Heavenly father I pray that you guide and protect everyone in this room against any evil that is being formed them at this very moment." The pastor prayed. I held Laquan's hand tightly.

We were at church and it was the day that we're going to be kidnapped. I was scared for myself, but mostly the kids. I didn't want them to get hurt and I didn't want Amari remembering it.

"Stop overthinking everything, we gon be good." Laquan whispered in my ear. I give him a small smile as he returned one, kissing me on my forehead.

"Forgive them for their sins Father. Help them see that you are the one true God! Shower them with your mercy and make them stronger. Bring them closer to you oh God. In your Son's Holy name, Amen."

"Amen!" The church shouted as they clapped.

~

"Sister Woods." The Pastor called out as were about to leave.

"Take them to the car, I'll be right there." I told Laquan.

I walked over to him, "Hello Pastor Grant. The service today was wonderful." I said causing him to smile.

"Thank you Sister Woods. Yinno, I actually said that prayer for you and your family." I gave him a confused look. "Last night I had a dream about something horrible happening. So please, stay safe. And tell that young man to watch his surroundings because someone working with him is working against him."

I was taken back a bit. "Who is it?" I asked.

"I don't know the name, but it's someone very close to him."

I nodded. "Also, did anyone..die?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by his wife. "Bishop, it's time to go. My feet are killing me."

He looked at her then at me, holding my hands. "Just stay safe." He said as he left me standing there.

About 30 seconds of me just standing there and staring went by until I finally made my way back to the car. I got inside and just looked forward.

"Paris you good? Why you looking like that?" Laquan asked.

"I.." I trailed off. I seriously couldnt get the words out.

"That nigga do you something? Bro, he touch you?" He asked sounding angry.

I quickly shook my head. "He said he had a dream about something happening to us. He said that someone close to you is working against you." He cocked his head back in confusion.

"Ain't no one on my team gone betray me like that."

"Well they are and that's not even the worse part." I told him.

"What's is the worst part?" Parker asked from the backseat. I looked back at her, "Put in your AirPods and turn the volume all the way up."

"But, why I-."

"Parker just put them in!" I yelled. She frowned and did as I said. I never really yelled at her before. I never needed to considering she's very respectful and we're always on the same page. Right now, I was just scared and frustrated.

"Why you yelling at her like that?" Laquan said. I gave him the eye and he put his hands up.

"Someone might die. I asked him who, but he had to leave." I said as tears threatened my eyes.

"Don't cry bruh, we good. Didn't I tell you we good? Everything is under control, I promise. Okay?" He made me look up at him, "Okay?" I nodded.

"Now I gatta call Shawn to figure out who on that sneaky shit." He said as he pulled out of the parking lot.