Together

When Orryn finally rode back into the city after months of fighting, he returned victorious. the Ironborn were routed from the North - more important, Robb Stark had not stabbed him in the back - and it seemed like the entirety of King's Landing rejoiced to see their king return. 

Queen Margaery smiled widely as he rode into the courtyard, and greeted him with their baby daughter in her arms. Jocelyn Baratheon had been born only a month prior. When Jaime had returned from Riverrun it was to a court of satisfied Tyrells, and her even more satisfied father, announcing that in the short time they had together as husband and wife, Margaery had surprisingly managed to fall pregnant. That had been a shock, and Jaime had been disturbed by the thought that she was to be a grandmother aged four-and-thirty, but good news nonetheless.

The little girl was truly beautiful besides. Though Joss had her mother's brown eyes, she was big and healthy and her hair was Baratheon black. Jaime liked to think there was something of her own smile there too. 

Myrcella and Arthur doted on the girl almost as much as her own mother did, and though Steffon was rather more withdrawn as ever, his eyes shone when he held the baby. The little twins couldn't care less, proclaiming Joss 'too small and boring', but Jaime hadn't really expected anything more.

She wished Helia was there to meet her niece. Leaving Riverrun had been heart-wrenching, despite the fact that her daughter seemed more assured of herself in the days after the wedding, promising Jaime that all was well and she would be fine as Lady Tully. Edmure was not the husband she wanted, but had not mistreated her; he seemed rather scared of her, in truth, for the Kingslayer's daughter had a tongue as sharp as her mother's. That seemed quite to the girl's liking, and it already seemed like she was involving herself in the running of the castle and making it known she wasn't going to be a meek little wife.

But Jaime exchanged letters with Helia at least once a fortnight, and though it was not the same as having her eldest daughter by her side, it was better than nothing. Riverrun was not a whole continent away, besides. They would visit sometime in the next year.

She herself would be a married woman by then, again, for her wedding to Prince Oberyn was fast approaching. She felt rather apathetic about the whole affair, in truth. Little would change, apart from the fact she was meant to share her bed with the man, who in all honesty was more likely to spend his nights with his paramour and whoever else they invited instead.

Jaime rather liked Ellaria Sand, besides. The woman had approached her out of her own volition one day in the practice yard, respectful but not intimidated in the least.

"My lady," She had bobbed a short curtsey. "I thought this was the best place to find you," 

"Why would you want to?" Jaime, dripping in sweat from her last match, asked curiously, though no doubt it came across as rude. "I have no interest in banning you from seeing the father of your daughters, if that's what you wished to ask,"

"I wasn't going to be so direct," Ellaria smiled faintly. "But essentially, yes. My thanks for making it easier," 

Since then, Jaime had found herself in the other woman's company on several occasions, leading to many shocked whispers that Prince Oberyn's future wife got strangely well with his mistress. Not that she cared what they said; if she had paid mind to all the whispers about her, she would have followed Ashara off the battlements.

She did not wear white on her second wedding day, for she was hardly a maid and everyone would have laughed her out of the sept if she dressed like one. Instead, Jaime wore gold, and looked magnificent if she said so herself. 

She had gained back most of the weight and muscle that had been lost during her imprisonment, and subsequent traumatic journey across the Riverlands, and looked much younger and less pinched for it. Her hair had grown out somewhat, though she decided she liked the curls to sit at her shoulders and kept cutting it scandalously short. Short hair was hardly the worst thing people had against her.