7th

It has been a month since the incident happened. When Mika was discharged from the hospital, her family decided to have her rest in Bulacan. However, it was her decision to come back to her unit two weeks after that.

She knows Alyssa was there in the hospital. She knows Alyssa keeps up to date from Kim or Ara. She knows Alyssa is worried about her and cares for her deeply. She thought that being in Bulacan was hindering Alyssa from checking up on her personally that was why she decided to come back. But it has been a week since then but there was still no sign of Alyssa.

She couldn't believe Alyssa really wouldn't even see her personally and it was breaking her heart. But maybe it was too much to ask. When she saw Dennise in the hospital, she knew Dennise was hurt seeing Alyssa still feels something for her. Maybe it was too selfish to wish for Alyssa to see her because it would mean hurting Dennise even more.

She was in that depressing state when Ara, who was staying with her, knocked on her door and told her she had a visitor. To say she was surprised to find the talented libero-turned-doctor in her room was an understatement.

"Hi, Mika. How are you?" Dennise asked with a kind smile.

"Okay naman ako," she replied with an unsure smile.

She looked at Ara with a questionning gaze but Ara only shrugged her shoulders before leaving to give them privacy.

"Thanks for checking up on me and again, sobrang thank you for your help noong nasa hospital ako," Mika said sincerely.

"It's nothing," Dennise replied.

Mika waited for Dennise to continue for she knew that Dennise must have come to visit her for other reasons. When seconds passed and Dennise was still quiet, she realized she did not offer Dennise to take a seat.

"Hindi na," Dennise declined her offer. "Hindi rin naman ako magtatagal."

Mika saw Dennise take a deep breath with eyes closed. When Dennise opened her eyes, tears brimmed her orbs.

"I...came here to tell you that I'm leaving," Dennise said softly. "I'm going back to the States tonight."

Mika's eyes widened in shock. "W-what?! What about Alyssa?!"

"I asked two of our friends to be with her for now but that's why I'm here," Dennise started. "I'm leaving. You can go back and be with her. When you're ready, of course."

Mika was speechless. She never expected Dennise to turn up and do this.

"Den..."

"It's okay, Mika," Dennise said softly. "I knew na ikaw naman talaga ang mahal niya. I've finally accepted that you're the one who would be better for her. Let's just leave it at that."

Dennise smiled sadly and turned back, ready to leave. But she paused.

"Mika," Dennise looked at her again. "Make her happy, please."

The same words she uttered once, months ago, was returned to her. Being on the receiving end of it meant the world to her and probably the opposite for Dennise.

Dennise was giving up her world.

"I'll make her the happiest," Mika spoke sincerely before Dennise could leave. "I promise."

With that, Dennise gave her a thankful smile and finally left. 

-

"What's up? What's up?" Bea bouncily greeted the moment she opened the door.

Bea then put her luggage down before bending to hug her. Bea was followed by the much more calm setter who also put her bag down besides Bea's. To say Alyssa was confused was understatement.