Chapter 1

"...the kingdom is waiting for you to be their king, but you need to marry first, so of course we will be having a ball," King Des stated as Harry sat across from him at breakfast, "the whole kingdom has been invited, it is a masquerade, I want you to fall for their smarts not their looks. Many girls just want to be queen, but a queen needs to be honest and brave."

Harry rolled his eyes and slowly started looking away. He watched as a maid stood in the corner dusting the shelves. Her brown hair in a braid that went down her back, Harry has seen her around, she was mostly her fathers maid. Her name he couldn't remember, he knew it began with a P. Perry? Poppy? Pepper.

"Piper," King Des called, "please go and retrieve my daughter."

The brunette turned and nodded, crossing her legs and bowing slightly as she held out her dress, "of course King Des," she said softly and opened the door.

"Now while everyone in the kingdom is invited you are to mingle with everyone but only pick people of the higher class," King Des explained.

"Des we did not discuss this," Queen Anne turned and looked at her husband.

"Anne he is not going to marry some peasant who is seeking money, no, he is to marry someone of high middle class or higher," he snapped, "are we understood Harry?"

"Yes father," Harry smiled, "I also find that the hottest are in the highest class any ways."

Anne frowned at her sons statement, "Harry dear don't speak that way."

Harry chuckled, he stood and started walking out of the room. The palace was hot today he had noticed. Or it may be that he has been stuck in his military wear all morning, Harry took off his hat and looked down he ran into something and stopped. When he looked up he noticed Piper stumbling back and Gemma giggled.

"I'm so sorry Prince Harry-" her blush was clear on her pale face.

Harry frowned, "you better be do you know who I am? I am your-"

"Harry," Gemma frowned, "it was my fault I had shoved her."

"You shouldn't even be discussing with the maids, they are nothing but filth," Harry said as Piper looked down, she fiddled work her fingers.

"You're worse than father," Gemma remarked, "she's a human being and she's a great person. You're just getting a big ego."

"Piper dear come help me clean the panic room," another maid called, "I'm just getting to old to bend down."

Piper nodded and turned rushing over and pushing the wall open of the panic room. She struggled but once it was done she grabbed the broom.

Gemma glared at her older brother who was soon to be king, "please be nicer to her Harry, she's the only one in this place I can trust," Gemma begged.

"What about me?" Harry pouted, his green eyes going back to the panic room where they were to hide if an attack was made.

"You're ego sometimes gets in the way," Gemma stated as she starts walking again.

Harry sighed and kept walking, he saw one guard standing down the hall, "Prince Harry," he bowed, "I've just returned from war on break. I've been arranged to marry one of your maids next year and I would like to meet her."

"Let him go," Harry looked at the two guards, "who are you looking for?"

"Piper Eastwood," he cleared his throat, "hope she's not too old."

Harry looked over his shoulder to see Piper smiling as she set down the broom and now talked to his mother, his mother clearly pleased with her. Harry turned back to the solider.

"Price Harry! Prince Harry! We must get your fitting done!" A maid made her way over.

Harry turned, "this man is looking for Piper, take him to fathers study. She's his maid after all."

"Of course," the maid nodded.

Harry eyes traveled back to Piper, her green eyes weren't as beautiful as his, but hers held more happiness. She smiled at the older maid as she swept, giggling and Harry found himself liking the noise.

"Dear lord," he grumbled, "help me."

"Harry dear," Genie, a older maid grinned grabbing his arm, "time for your fitting. The ball is tonight. We don't have all day," she clapped her hands.

"Will you be attending?" Harry asked.

"Yes. Yes I will, now we need to go over colors. Your father had masks made in certain colors for certain classes. That way you know how to pick," she rambled, Harry was lost in his own thoughts.

Soon he would be king, and soon the whole kingdom would be his. All he needed was a wife.