XI

The past few weeks had been extremely busy for those within the Dark Sect. After their defeat of the Order things had been falling in to place just how the Dark Lord wished them too. Lucius had been placed as Minister for magic and the first thing he had ordered was a complete review of the laws of the last half a century, the results to that task had been horrific. There were numerous laws and legislations that needed to be scrapped and out of the hundreds they had to go through, only about 10 were in fine working order and needed nothing doing it them. The creature laws were in the worst state of all, there were so many that they overlapped and contradicted each other.

Remus, as Alpha, was working on the werewolf ones and had managed to contact the head of the largest English Vampire clan to make good on the Dark Lord's word that the laws would be change to benefit them. The Goblin laws were changed and the treaty with that race was renewed so make it less one-sided, the goblins were now a completely independent sector away from the ministry – legally that was. Everyone knew that the goblins had manipulated the wording in the laws to keep them separate from the Ministry influences, but now they need not because they were free to act as they wished. They were even given the rights to use their magic, as long as they did not use it against witches and wizards maliciously without probable cause, if they did they would have every single one of their rights and agreements revoked.

Ragnok, the head goblin, was extremely pleased with this, it was better than they had ever been given before so there was no reason for them to break their word. One of the things that caused massive controversy and uproar were the new laws surrounding mudbloods and muggles. Any mudblood found was given two options, they either permanently stay in the magical world with their parents signing a vow of secrecy and relocated, or give up their magic by having their cores bound and then obliviated of all knowledge of the magical world. Many thought it was too harsh, but they couldn't do anything about it, especially when it got out that it was one of the Dark Lord's personal laws. He had wanted a way to protect their world from the atrocities that the muggles would give them if they every found out about them, it was impossible to kill all the muggles, but Harry had pointed out that they could me made to keep their secrets and Marvolo had vanished for the day.

On his return he was extremely pleased with himself and had the new law passed through the day after, the man had also been very happy with Harry and made sure the teen knew about it. They had grown closer, the pair of them, and it was obvious if you knew what to look for, Marvolo treated Harry with so much care an attention when they were alone and to a lesser extent when they were with the Elite. The Elite knew, of course, what had happened, they knew their Lord had chosen his one and they were pleased for him, especially given who it was; it was the perfect choice. The first time Marvolo had illustrated Harry was his was quite an amusing memory for Harry, he didn't think he had ever seen the proud purebloods so openly stunned. During the time Harry had continued to heal, the cracks in his magic were practically sealed and Marvolo seemed to make it his responsibility to make sure he was healed on the emotional side of it, and Harry always had a smile on his face when they were alone or with the Elite.

The Elite had relaxed a lot around each other now, after their win, the need to keep everything locked away behind their masks lessened and it was only in full meetings or in public that the cold and often cruel masks were back up. The wizarding world of Britain was changing and Harry couldn't be happier, he could do what he wanted when he wanted and he wasn't hated; it was going well. Harry looked up at the tapping on the window, he allowed the owl access and scanned the letter and package for anything that shouldn't be there. When he knew it was safe, he opened the letter and a malicious smile stretched on to his face, the further he read the bigger the smile and he looked at the package as if it was Merlin himself.