the ultimate betrayal

*Harry's POV*

"I have an idea" I said to Elena as we re-watched the video of Spencer being taken for the thousandth time. I raced over to the table in the corridor and ransacked through it for Spencer's address book. I wasn't 100% sure if she would've still had them in there but I prayed she did.

There it was, the name I was searching for. The first name in "R": Rebecca Donaldson.

I knew Spencer wouldn’t like me calling her, especially since they hadn’t spoken for ages. Since the plane ride to Australia to be exact. Liam thought it would be a great surprise for Spencer if one of her best friends she hadn’t since in a long time would tag along and surprise her…. Big whoops. Within an hour they had already started to quarrel. Rebecca was picking on the fact that Spencer didn’t go to Uni with the money her parents left her and instead bought a coffee shop. Spencer went off saying if Rebecca had given two shits about what she was going to do with the money she wouldn’t have dropped contact with her after her parents funeral. When the plane landed they went their separate ways, and hadn’t talked since.

I dialled the telephone number next to Rebecca’s name and sighed as it went to answering machine.

“Rebecca, it’s Harry. I really need your help. Please call me back when you get this”.

-----

“This better be good” Rebecca said as I opened the front door.

“You don’t know?” I asked feeling a bit awkward.

“Know what?”.

“Spencer… Spencer is… Spencer is missing, Rebecca” I replied.

“So basically you want me to hack into the security cameras of the shop across the road from the café to see if we see Spencer being taken into a car and identify the number plates?” she asked.

“…. Yep, pretty much” I replied, it sounding more like a question than a statement.

“Let’s do this”.

We sat there for hours on my stupid laptop tried to hack into the security footage of the shop opposite Spencer and Elena’s coffee shop, with no luck. I thought with Rebecca being the computer genius that she is she would be able to get it done really quickly, that’s the reason I called her.

“Got it!” Rebecca exclaimed suddenly.

“Seriously!?” I said jumping up and running over next to her.

“Look, you can see the number plates!” she replied grinning.

I quickly wrote down the number plate and saved the video to my computer.

“I have to get going anyway” Rebecca said once we’d made sure we had backed up all the files.

“Alright, I’ll call you?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure” she responded before walking out the door.

I looked down at the USB in my hand and grinned. I quickly texted Zayn, Niall, Louis, Elena and Blair telling them to come over. I was going to save my best friends.

*Rebecca’s POV*

The second I got out of that house I panicked. What the fuck was I thinking? I shouldn’t have even responded to his call. I couldn’t have pretended I didn’t know how to hack into the footage, he knows for sure that I can.

“He knows the number plate, you idiot!” I whispered wanting to hit myself.

I dialled 2 on my phone and it automatically started to call.

“Hello?”

“We’re in trouble, he knows” I whispered.

“Shit” Vanessa replied.