3. Egg Sandwich

The little bell atop the door rings as Jin walks into the diner. It's an early morning, and the sun casts lines across the patrons enjoying morning coffee and pancakes. Jin takes a seat at the edge of the bar.

"One stack of pancakes, please." The waitress nods and relays the message to the cook behind her.

Despite his appearance, Jin didn't get a wink of sleep. All night, he poured over newspapers for jobs, preferably ones that used his acting and film degree. Fortunately, he found a few. Today's goal was to apply-

"Ahem." His thought process is interrupted as the waitress clears her throat. Looking down, she adjusts her shirt as she walks away from Jin. Out of curiosity, he watches her.

She makes her way to the other side of the diner where another customer sits, a young man with a beige jacket. He reads a newspaper while sipping coffee. The waitress bends over the bar to peak over the newspaper. She pulls it down with her finger.

"Hey, Honey. Can I get you anything?" She flashes him a red-lipsticked-smile. The man stops reading and considers her. His face stretches into a smile as he puts the newspaper down.

"Um, yeah, actually." He crosses his arms over the bar and bends closer to her.

"Can I get an egg sandwich for my daughter?" The waitress' face falls. She moves back to her side of the bar and crosses her own arms.

With a short and not-so-sweet "sure", she yells for an egg sandwich to the cook who jumps when she calls.

The man's smirk matches Jin's as he proceeds with his papers. Jin internally commends the man as he finishes his stack. Just as he finishes, the waitress lightly tosses the egg sandwich in front of the man, saying, "have a nice day" without looking at him. The man tucks his newspaper under his arm and grabs the sandwich. With a wink and a smile, he thanks the waitress who throws up a half-hearted wave.

Jin, at the same time, gets up from his seat and thanks the waiter who takes his plate. He turns to the other side of his seat until something bumps into his shoulder.

His eyes turn to see the man from earlier. They both freeze. Was his hair that long just now?

Jungkook always sees this man at this diner, but he never knew he was this... handsome.

Something drops. Jin looks down and sees the rolled-up newspaper on the ground. Jungkook doesn't move a muscle. Jin bends down to pick it up off the floor. He hands it to Jungkook.

Jungkook finally looks away from Jin's eyes to see the newspaper. "Oh, right. Thank you." He clears his throat.

Jin looks awkwardly around him. He's trapped between the barstool and an extremely good looking man. He feels his ears heat up. "Um..."

"Oh! Sorry." Jungkook realizes what he's doing and steps back into the table behind him. The empty plates clatter as Jin lets out a small laugh. Jungkook looks back to see a smile that could rival the cuteness of his daughter's. He doesn't feel his own face turn into a smile.

Jin nods his head and says, "I'll see you around." He moves past the cute clutz and makes his way towards the door.

"Yes! Ahem...yeah. Sure." Jin looks back at the sound. Jungkook's voice comes out a little louder and a little later than he meant to. Jungkook sends a little wave as he clears his throat again. He just drank coffee... why was his throat so dry? Jin waves back and heads out the door.

Once he's gone, Jungkook slaps himself with the newspaper. He sighs and looks at the time. He freezes. It's well past late at this point. He clutches the sandwich and newspaper close as he dashes out of the diner. But as much as he tries, the smile just won't leave his face.