Epilogue

Epilogue

Can you believe that it's been nearly half a year since that little Christmas Eve announcement? It's not like I've had some big life change, it's just that I've been insanely busy! I had to plan the graduation party that Kim and I shared, help Kim plan her wedding, and plan my own. How crazy is that? But what can I say, my life if hard. 

My mother actually did most of the planning. But I'm not admiring her work right now: I'm admiring the job the hair stylist did. I'm standing in front of the mirror in my white, flowing lace dress that I got in New York. My hair has been highlighted. Part was put into a tight  bun and the rest falls around my shoulders. 

As I stand in front of this mirror, I don't recognize the woman staring back. What happened to the small, scared fourteen year old girl who was starting high school just four short years ago? What happened to the five year old that dreamed of marrying Prince Charming? What happened to me? What stares back at me now is a confident young woman about to be married to the man she loves. My dream.

"Ready, honey?" my father calls from the doorway. I spin around and pull at my veil. I nod.

My father chuckles softly so that I can barely hear it. "Nervous?"

"What do you think?" I reply. 

He smiles his famous smile and puts a comforting arm around me. "So is Connor."

"You spoke with him?" I ask, slightly surprised. 

"Yes," he says quietly. 

"And?"

"And he really is nervous. But he told me to tell you he loves you."

I smile and turn back to my reflection. I sigh and shrug my shoulders. "Let's do this thing," I say.

* * *

"Well that was fun," I say as we ride in the limo to the reception.

"Yep!" Connor reaches over and gives me a sweet kiss. "Well, we're married now. How does it feel?"

"Like we should have done this a long time ago..." I smile.

Connor laughs and puts his arm around my shoulders. "I really like your dress. But lace? Really? You know how I feel about lace."

"Sorry, I forgot to ask your opinion on my dress."

We laugh and I lay my head against his shoulder. The car stops and I sit up quickly. "Do we have to get out? Can't we just skip the reception and go on the honeymoon? Pretty please?"

"You know, I would, but I was really looking forward to that cake," Connor says sarcastically. 

"You're right."

Connor opens the door and helps me out. After I manage to get out with my awful shoes on, Connor reaches over and gives me a tight hug. "You can do this. This is the price for the honeymoon."

"Fiji is worth it?"

"Definitely." 

I grab Connor's hand and lead him inside. He's right: We can do this. We can do anything. :)

THE END!!!!