Chapter One "bite the bullet"

Whoever that was, it was getting closer to her every second that passed. She was running fearfully, never caring on whatever she had stumbled upon in those woods. The creature was getting nearer and was about to take a grip on her…

Ely immediately got up from bed, sweat all over her face. Just another nightmare, she thought.

She heard her phone ring and picked it up from the bedside table. It was her best friend, Shai.

“Hello?” she answered. Her voice is still a little hoarse.

“Where are you?” Shai asked. She sounded worried.

“I’m still at home, I just woke up,” Ely said lazily.  She glanced at the desk clock on her bedside table, it was about 7am. “Oh my gosh! I’m gonna be late!” she exclaimed.

“I’ll wait for you girl, you don’t want to be late in class of Mr. Guillermo, right?” Shai said.

Mr. Guillermo is the professor for their first class that day, FILM151. He was one of those teachers with a don’t-mess-up-with-me-or-else-you’re-dead attitude, and he was very austere particularly when it comes to attendance.

“Yeah right, bye…” Ely sighed. She swiftly grabbed her towel and went downstairs.

 “Good morning mom!” she said as she passed through her mom who was on the kitchen cooking pancakes.  She then hurriedly proceeded to the bathroom.

“You eat breakfast first before going to school okay?” her mom reminded. Ely had the habit of skipping breakfast specially when she was running late for school.

“Yes, mom,” she answered as she closed the bathroom door. She didn’t have time to argue with her right now, she had to hurry.

After a few minutes, Roy came running downstairs with his just-woke-up look. He rushed for the bathroom door and banged it upon reaching.

“Hey! Ely! Let me in! I can no longer hold my pee!” he shouted. Roy was Ely’s older brother.

“I got here first! Learn to wait,” Ely responded from inside, sounding a little bit irritated.

“You stupid little brat! As soon as you get out of there I will kick your arse!” Roy said as he stormed off to the kitchen.

Ely just laughed, completely ignoring Roy and knowing that he can never do that because he will just get scolded by their mom.

“Roy Just wait for your sister to be finished, and then you go next,” their mom calmly said. “Come here and eat breakfast first,” she added.

Roy followed their mom. After all, he was feeling hungry. He went to sit at the dining table and grabbed a plateful of pancakes.

“You two always fight, when you will learn to stop hating and start helping each other?” their mom complained as she placed another set of pancakes in the table.

“She did it first, it’s not my fault,” Roy reasoned out.

“It doesn’t matter who did it first…” their mom explained. “Well anyway, are you ready to school?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m good to go…” he answered while chewing some of the pancakes. “And mom, I will get home a little late…” he added. He then stood and drank his milk.

“Okay, but aren’t you going to finish your breakfast?” their mom asked.

“Nah, I’m full.”

Ely was out of the bathroom. She poked her tongue out as she passed through Roy, while he responded by giving her a conceited look. Upon reaching the stairs, she stopped.