2. Rememberence

***** Flashback *****

"I already told you everything there is to know Ashley! What more do you want?!" Tyler screamed.

"What? You haven't told me shit about what's going on! All I know is that you're leaving unexpectedly to go stay half way across the country with a uncle I didn't even know you had! We're supposed to be bestfriends. And I know you're lying, I can just tell." I fired back.

"Ashley fuck," he said his voice coming barely above a whisper," I got caught up in some real dangerous stuff and if I tell you anything else about it you won't be safe either. I have to leave tomorrow and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it."

That's when the tears start to fall. And they don't stop. It hurts to hear that your bestfriend since childbirth is leaving sporadically, and it hurts even worse when you don't know the real reason why. He was always there for me whenever I was going through stuff and it broke my heart knowing I couldn't be there for him. Tyler's angry facial expression dropped and was replaced with sadness. He walks over to his bed where I sat on the edge.

"Ashley it's gonna be okay." He says holding me. His poor attempt of a comfort was a joke compared to the grief I was experiencing. Tyler and my sister Makayla we're all I had. The only two people in the world that gave a single freak about me. And one of them was leaving me just like that.. just like my parents and every other person I tried to care for did.

"If things go well it will only be 4 months, max 8. I love Ashley so much," he says. "I love you enough to keep you in the dark. Please, please believe me when I say this is for your own good. I'll be back and then everything will go back to normal," he says caressing my cheek.

"We'll talk every other day right?" I ask through soft whimpers.

"Yes. Even if it's for minutes I'll make it happen," he confirms.

I look up to him and smile wiping my tears. "If you make a new bestfriend there, I'll kill you and her without hesitation," I say. He laughs.

"No one could replace you Ash."

"Double pinkie promise?," I ask.

"Double pinkie promise."

"And double pinkie promise we'll talk a lot?"

"Yes Ashley," he chuckles. "Double pinkie promise we'll talk often," he smiles.

Days past and he doesn't make any contact with me. Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months, and months turns in to 2. Freaking. Years.

*****End of Flashback*****

I'm moving, in a car. Peeking with one eye open, I take as much of my surroundings in as possible. Black seats, black dash board, black sky. I don't recognize this car. Snapping my other eye open I jolt up from my seat ready to attack my alleged kidnapper. I'm thrown hard against the seat however with a strong object restricting my chest; a seatbelt. Snapping my head to the drivers seat, the earth stops spinning and my head physically slows down. I gag wanting to vomit.

"You're up." That was all he said. I haven't seen my best- Tyler...in 2. Years. And here I am. In his car driving away from some freaking gang related crap that I shouldn't of even been apart of. With so much hatred, anger, and pain stored within in me I wasn't thinking right. And did the stupidest thing you could ever do in a car being a passenger.