Chapter 1

10 Years Later...

Narrative:

Anastasia hadn't had the easiest start to life. Her mother Anne, did her best to raise her, after her fathers death.  Anastasia was only seven, but for Anne life as a single mother had been difficult. She worked two jobs to make ends meet, and knew that she hadn't been there for Anastasia as often as she would have liked. Still, despite her mother wishing she could have been there more often,

Its not like Anastasia had been a mischievous child from a young age, or anything of that sort. In fact, she often tried to make life easier for her mother Anne, in desperate times. By doing minuscule chores, like washing the laundry or doing littles jobs at the Art Museum to help her Anne out financially. She would do anything just to put a smile on to Anne's face. She didn't hang out with the wrong crowd, but she wasn't an A student either. Quite simply put, she was a small-town girl who expected to live an average, small-town girl's life until....

...she met him....

"Fuck you, Fuck you very very muh-uh-uch!" Anastasia quiet sang Lily Allen, mentally conceptualizing herself bashing and beating the crap out of him. Oh, if only she could, but she shouldn't , no- she wouldn't dare hurt him. But here she was contemplating it...

She slowly observed the detailed structure of Nicholas Alistair's face; the Alpha King of England-starting from the slender high cheekbones and the god-given chin, to his tanned-golden/yellow skin, resembling the cream colour of clouds just before the sunset. She smiles as she watches his baby face, while he peacefully enjoys the blissful moments of his sleep.

Who knew someone with the face of an angel could be so cruel at times, - no-no! Nicholas wasn't always the demon- it was usually his anger taking over.' She abruptly reminded herself.

Without thinking twice she chronically dug her harsh finger nails deep into his golden tanned skin- hard enough to leave scratch marks till the next morning. She knew he would not wake up, as Nicholas was a deep sleeper, and this was becoming almost habitual for her.

She took a peak under the blanket to see if she still had her clothes on, and sighed with warm relief. She was still wearing her polka-dotted pajamas paired with the simple black tank top from last night. Her clothes were still embraced to her body- that only meant one thing- that he did not force himself on her. A tint of happiness exhilarated throughout her sore body as she grimaced happily with the thought that they did not have sexual intercourse.

Nicholas and Anastasia had been involved in an austere and committed relationship for over 2 years. Though their relationship was not like this before, and he was a much different person- things changed with time and so did their relationship. There was a time when they were happy- a happy normal couple, until their relationship took a turn for turmoil.

It began since he took on his alpha duties as the Alpha King of England- the stress and commute back and forth was having a toll on his emotions and impacting their relationship overall. His abusive behaviour was becoming habitual and the kind , sweet hearted and caring Nicholas was nowhere to be found.

Everything went from being perfect to a nightmare, within a matter of a few months, and she was only learning to cope with these changes. Having to live practically alone for majority of the year, was already hard enough, now having to share her house with Nicholas was double the work and the chores.

Ever since Anastasia's mother had been away on behalf of her field work in the states, it only made matters worse that Nicholas had decided to self-invite himself over to her house for the past few months. Since then he has been staying at her place; practically residing there as his second home.