Chapter 7

The view above the clouds passed by. I sit next to a window, admiring the view of the sky. Soon enough, the airship starts to descend, and a crescent-shaped island appears. Gon, who is next to me, presses his hands on the window, "There's an island! I can see an island! That must be where this ship is headed!" Upon approaching the island, we noticed shipwrecks littered the area. Leorio just wanted to get off the airship.

We glide just over the shipwrecks, "From up here it looks like it's a graveyard for ships." Kurapika comments. A few minutes later, we're approaching what looks like a battleship lodged into a cliffside. Far in the distance, I could make out a woman doing laundry on the front deck. She notices the ship and starts calling for someone below her.

.:~*~:.

After landing on the ship, everyone goes outside, wondering if this is the exam site for Phase Four. Leorio leans over the railings of the airship, groaning from motion-sickness. "I don't feel so good..."

"If you're going to puke, don't do it over here." Killua turns his head to look at him warily.

"I should've taken a pill for motion-sickness" Leorio laments. I sensed two people approaching, it's an elderly couple, the owners of this place.

"Hello, applicants! We are your hosts." They start to bow politely, "Welcome!" Leorio questions to no one in particular, asking if they are the proctors for the next Exam. Killua denies the notion, saying that, in Gon's words 'I don't get that exciting feeling'.

"What's up with that?"

The couple continues with their welcome. "My name is Banner, and I'm the manager of this hotel." She lifts gestures towards her other, "This is my husband, Genner."

"Nice to meet you." Genner says.

Hanzo steps up to ask if this is a hotel, and Genner confirms, explaining that they partially converted this ship into a hotel with all the amenities. He then promotes the hotel, advertising that they have hosted the King of Nebra and that the place is a favourite among celebrities of the continent. The hotel is referred to as the White Palace on the Ocean.

After more probing from Hanzo, Banner gives the information that The Hunter Association had a message to all the applicants, "To all who passed Phase Three, congratulations on a job well done! Phase Four will begin three days from now. Until then, please enjoy your short break in this island."

At this, everyone relaxes, saying that a break was very welcome. Even if I didn't know about what happened in the anime, I would find the situation suspicious... It's the Hunter Exam, not a vacation. There's gotta be a catch somewhere. I didn't want to ruin everyone's mood, so I didn't say anything.

Everyone starts to trudge in, I walk behind the Gon Squad, and as expected, they are stopped by the couple. They ask for 10 million Jennies per person as advance payment.

All the applicants stop, shocked by the price. "Ten million Jenny?!" Leorio shouts incredulously. Most of us start to question the price.

To compare how ridiculous the price was, Tonpa shouts "For that price, I could stay at the most luxurious hotel in Yorknew City for six months!"

"Um, is there a special price for kids who don't have much money?" Gon asks tentatively.

Leorio tries to convince the elders otherwise, complaining that even an average adult would not have that much money.

The couple is firm in their decision though, and refuse to let people stay without paying up. In response to this, Leorio gets angry, yelling that he would rather say and camp outside on the island. Kurapika stops him and advises him not to, pointing out that: