C H A P T E R 24

"God help me

"God help me."

Seokjin kept on chanting to himself as he slowly brought the knife near Taehyung's foot, his hands shivering, his breath stopping, his heart beating. But if God really did exist, would he really let such things, such terrible things happen to them?

Seokjin didn't know what to believe in anymore, everything he ever cared for or believed in didn't matter or exist anymore and that thought made his heart beat out of control, even more furiously.

He gulped and tried to calm himself down. He looked at Taehyung who lay asleep beside him and sucked in a deep breath.

"Everything's gonna be okay."

Hope. Hope was the only thing that kept him going.

July 2 | DAY 8
02 : 51 pm

He decided to do it, make the incision, whatever it might take, he wanted to save Taehyung. He was losing the only few minutes of time that he had. And to his fear, he could see the ugly blue veins on Taehyung's ankle, appearing more and more clearer by every passing second, which threatened to spread to the rest of his body.

"It's gonna be alright Taehyung. Trust me.", Seokjin said in a low voice. But Taehyung was unconscious, those words were for himself.

He gripped the knife tightly with his clammy hands and made a smooth incision on Taehyung's ankle, just above the scratches. Blood oozed out of the gash in red and blue mixed together, it didn't look like human blood anymore.

Taehyung squirmed in gut-wrenching pain, still unconscious, his face twisted into a very hurt expression. Seokjin sat by him, holding onto Taehyung's hands, alert about the cut he had made on his ankle, he didn't want Taehyung to lose too much blood. He wanted to let the decolourised blood out of his body, thus get the poison out. But there was no guarantee that this would work, he could only hope.

And what happened next, took away that hope from Seokjin and the light inside him slowly started fading out.

Taehyung quickly opened his eyes and gripped onto Seokjin's upper arm with both of his hands sitting up, looking straight into his eyes and Seokjin saw it. Taehyung's eyes had changed and the light inside Seokjin flickered out black.

"Hyung! I ca... can't breath.", Taehyung gasped.

"I can't br... breath!"

Seokjin held Taehyung by his shoulders and tried to make him lean against the shelves again, he didn't know what to do. There was nothing left to do.

Tears streamed down Taehyung's eyes as he gasped for air, they never left Seokjin's helpless face.

"Try to relax Taehyung, it's gonna be alright. I'm here... I'm here to help you."

Tears fell out of Seokjin's eyes onto Taehyung's already drenched cheeks as he fed him those lies, and Taehyung knew that those were lies.