Part 7

I bite my nails anxiously after I sent my home address to Taehyung

Is he coming here? What if he gets caught by the security guard? Oh God, I should stop him.
"The number you are calling is unavailable."
"Shit.." I curse as my call fails to go through again.
Where is he?
An hour has passed, yet I still can't reach him.
"Kim Taehyung, if you don't pick up my call, I'll die from anxiety." I mutter to myself as I lift the phone to my ears for the umpteenth time.
Right then, I hear a faint click on my door.
Abeonim?
I quickly hide the phone underneath my blanket & pretend to sleep.
The door slowly creaks open & I can hear footsteps approaching.
My heart hammers inside my chest as I try to keep my eyes shut.
Why is he suddenly checking on me? Did Hana tell him about my secret? No, that's impossible. She promised to help.
The mattress dips slightly. Someone is sitting on it.
Why is he not saying anything? Wait.. What if it isn't Abeonim?
My eyes instantly snap open & I turn my head around.
"Shhh.. It's me." The person muffles my mouth & whispers.

Taehyung?
"Surprise." Noticing my shocked expression, he chuckles & retracts his hand.
"Omg, are you crazy?! You could've gotten caught! How did you get in anw? All the doors are already locked at this hour." I try to keep my voice as low as possible.
"Well, let's just say that I have my ways. Aren't you happy to see me?" He grins.
I'm ecstatic to see him, but what he's doing is beyond risky. Coming to my room in the middle of the night is on another level of reckless.
"Uhm.. Yes, but what if-"
"Shhh.. Stop worrying about things that might not happen & enjoy the moment. If your father finds out, just tell him that I'm your boy friend." He nonchalantly says as he lies down beside me with both hands behind his head.
"Things are not that simple." I frown at his underestimating attitude.
"On the contrary to his public image, my father is not an amicable person. You won't be able to fathom the mental abuse that I've been receiving all these years. He would punish me for the smallest mistakes & make me think that I deserve it. I have to constantly think of the right words to say, the right thing to do, so that I won't anger him. It's so tiring that sometimes I feel like giving up." I sigh heavily.
"Then why don't you give up? Why don't you just pack up your bags & leave?" He gently strokes my cheek.
"Funny, Hana eonni actually said something similar. Well, no matter what, he's still my father. I can't leave him even if he's the most ruthless man I've ever known. Besides, I have found my temporary escape from this hell hole." I abruptly change the topic to lighten up the mood.
"Really? And what is that?" He asks in genuine curiosity.
"You." I peck his lips & chuckle.
A smile curves his lips at my sudden brazen action.
"You've become bolder & bolder every time I see you. Where is the shy virgin who I met at the beach?" He teases.
"She's gone after you took away her virginity. Omg, I can't believe I said that." I cover my mouth to muffle the laughter escaping from my throat.
"Either way, you fascinate me Y/n ah. No one has ever made me feel this way. This is a first for me."
His expression turns serious all of a sudden as he puts a strand of hair behind my ear.
I'm lost in his calm yet dangerous gaze. My pulse races uncontrollably, anticipating his next move.
He glides his fingers behind my neck & brings my face closer to his, making me instantaneously whimper & open my mouth.
Without wasting a second, he locks his lips with mine, our tongues rubbing against each other. The kiss feels much more thrilling than usual due to the precarious nature of the situation.
His other hand snakes around my waist & pulls me in tighter. A blazing desire burns within me as I feel his bulging manhood on my stomach.
"T-Tae.. My father will hear us.." I moan against his lips, actually reluctant to stop what we're doing.
"Fuck. I can't control myself when I'm with you." He abruptly pulls away & bites his lips.
"I'll take that as a compliment." I giggle to calm my nerves.
He stares right into my eyes in silence, but instead of the usual fire, I detect uncertainty in his gaze.
"What's wrong?" I cup his cheek & ask.
"Nothing." He quickly sits up & turns his face away.
"Tell me Tae." I hug him from behind & lay my chin on his shoulder.
"Tae? I like that nickname." He chuckles, obviously trying to divert my attention.
"Come on. Tell me. Is there something bothering you?"
"I just- I just wish that we had met in a different circumstance. I don't think our relationship will work out. One of us is bound to get hurt." He pushes his hair back & sighs heavily.
"We don't know yet. My father may be strict, but I'm sure if we keep trying, his heart will melt one day." A sadness falls upon me.
I don't want him to give up before we even begin.
"I doubt that. Let's not talk about that anymore. Tell me about yourself." He plops back down beside me. The playfulness in his eyes has surfaced again.
"Uhm.. There's nothing much to tell, my life was pretty boring before I met you. As you know, I'm not allowed any entertainment, no phone, no TV, only newspapers & books. He even picks the books for me, which are mostly heavy non-fictions. The only enjoyable thing that my father set in my schedule is volunteering at the kid's ward in the hospital. Seeing their innocent faces give me so much joy, even though sometimes it's heartbreaking when I witness those with terminal illnesses slowly deteriorating. People think that my life is so perfect because I live in a beautiful mansion, wear branded goods, surrounded by assistants & chauffeur. But I would trade all of these luxuries for a moment of freedom. Anw, what else do you want to know?"
"I don't know if I may ask this, but where's your mother? You can choose not to answer it if you don't want to." He asks hesitantly.
"That's ok. Everyone already knows about it anw. She ran away with my father's friend when I was very little. I don't even remember her face. He burnt all her belongings when she left. So.. that's my sad life. Now tell me about yours."
"Well, my life is pretty sad as well. I'm an orphan. I grew up in an orphanage. Until now, I still have no idea who my parents are, whether they're still alive or not. But honestly, I'd rather have no one than have your father as a parent. Sorry." He shrugs.
"There's no need to apologize. I think that way too sometimes when he does something very hurtful." I smile understandingly.
We stay quiet for the next few minutes, me cradled in his arm, only the sound of our breaths filling the static air. Yet, it isn't awkward. It's a serene comfortable silence that you don't mind letting it stretch.
"Tae?" I call out his name. No response.
I look up & find that he has closed his eyes & is snoring lightly.
He must be tired.
I lift myself up & observe his sleeping face. His long lashes fluttering lightly with every breath, like the delicate wings of a butterfly. His kissable mouth slightly ajar, his black hair falling over his forehead.
I trace a finger from the bridge of his nose to its tip & then land a soft kiss on his cheek.
"Good night Tae. I love you." I whisper.
And then, I slide back to my original position & let the rhythm of his heartbeat lull me to sleep.