Capítulo Uno: Me gusta tu frente. [I like your face.]

"Carson, cut it out," Dex frets about my head with busy fingers.

He's placing and replacing my limp locks seemingly by indivudual strands. I of course, not enjoying the sensation of being touched insistently, am trying to push his grubby hands away from my head region.

He's got his digital camera placed on the vanity in front of me. Meanwhile I'm not so comfortably balanced on the edge of my seat as he moves around me trying to fix my hair, which I'm pretty sure wasn't broken to begin with. 

"Dex, what the heck, I'm not your Barbie doll," I mutter as I slap his hands away. He firmly places his hands on his hips, jutting his bottom lip out with his thick, shapely eyebrows furrowed above his annoyed looking eyes.

"Carson, don't test me, girl," he says in a slow oh-no-she-di'nt tone. He even snaps on 'girl' for emphasis and goes back to his mission. 

His pink scarf dangles in my face and I remember back to this morning in Sex Ed. After class a horny bastard from the back of the room came up and tried getting a hand in my pants, but Dex told him flatly I was a lesbian- which I'm not- but it was so worth the lie and the potential rumor to see that guys drop his balls and run out the door. 

I'm sure I'll be seeing something about it on the Internet one day, but that's fine, I've never been one for social media. Which is also why I'm a bit peeved at the moment. One the way home, Dex texted me and told me he was coming over, which really isn't anything unusual. He did add however that I needed to find a nice top to wear. 

"wat, my sweats n hoody rn't sexy enuf 4 u?" I had texted him back as I worked on my homework, like a total try-hard. Though really, I just wanted my evening to be free. 

"JUST DO IT" he then had texted me back and I knew his use of caps lock meant he was all business. 

So here I am sitting in front of my vanity in my nicest blouse with my best friend in the world busyly arranging my hair follicles to perfection. Oh, and yeah, still not sure why. Apparently I would know soon enough, since he now takes a big step back, knocking into my vanity table, but recovering quickly. 

He frames my face with his fingers dramatically and turns his head side to side, staring through the square. I just rolls my eyes and look at the mirror to see my hair doens't look that crazilly different, there's just a surprising lack of frizz and fly aways. Oh and my part is on the other side for a change which makes it more voluminous. Ha, voluminous, love that word.

"Dex, why?" I just ask shaking my head rapidly. 

"What, you don't like it?" He recants in fear, his eyes widening and lighting up like light bulbs. I swear he would probably cry if I said I didn't, but thankfully, I do love my hair. I'm just curious as a cat as to why he's doing all this. 

"No, no, I love the hair, just like, why?" I answer repentantly, standing and grabbing each of his hands, he's like a little brother sometimes. Though, I think I like him better than my real little brother. 

"Oh," he says with a smile, looking relieved, then goes on, "you'll see." 

With a wink he moves for his camera and grabs my by my shoulders, shuffling me over the bed quickly. He pushes my down, carefully, so I plop to my butt on the mattress. He tisks himself, then quickly fiddles with my hair again, but not before long he's seated on my vanity chair. Turning it around so his legs are splayed on either side of the back, he rests his hands on the chair's back and holds the camera. 

"Smile!" he calls and I just make a confused look as he snaps the camera, the flash leaving dark spots in my vision instantly. 

"Dex!" I complain, covering my eyes.