1. A Gift

Hey Noodle!

I'm glad you're here!

Now, I want to ask something of you. I hope I've built up enough of a connection with you that you'll hear me out.

What I'm going to ask you is very simple: just read this until the very end.

That's it, you don't even have to do anything with what I'm telling you if you don't want to.

All I ask is that you read to the end.

Thanks for doing me this favor!

Now I don't have to tell you that the world is falling apart, all you have to do is look around or check your social media. We no longer live in the world we did a year ago.

I understand that at times it feels daunting and overwhelming to live in the time we do. That's why I want to talk you not about this life, but what comes after it.

Everyone knows you die. I want to talk to you about what happens when we do. There are two options: heaven or hell.

We are all destined to go to hell.

Yes, go ahead and argue with me on this point but also remember you promised to read until the end.

Let me explain.

Because of our sin (all the bad things we do: lying, stealing, using 'God' as a curse word) we lost a connection with God and are destined to die and spend eternity in hell.

I know you might think this doesn't apply to you, you're a good person.

You might be. But are you a blameless, perfect person who can stand before a righteous and holy God at the end of your life and say I have done nothing wrong?

You can't, none of us can.

The Bible tells us that we are all sinners.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

So it doesn't matter that you might be a good person, it matters whether you've sinned. Which you're human, you have.

But because of that sin we can't get into heaven and no good deeds we could do could ever earn us a spot in heaven. Our sins are the reason we deserve death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So what do we do?

Works-wise? There's nothing we can.

It comes down to belief, belief in Jesus Christ.

It's what Jesus Christ did for us that gives us eternal life in heaven.

God, knowing that we could never measure up to His standards, came down to earth in the form of a man, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ lived 33 years on earth, never once committing a sin. The people He came to save rejected Him and nailed Him to a cross.

When He died, He took on your sin and my sin. He died in our place. He took our punishment of death upon Himself.

He was buried and after three days He rose from the grave proving He is God.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

We are the unholy sinners that Jesus Christ died for. He did this so that if we believe in the sacrifice that He made we can spend eternity in heaven.

Salvation isn't how many good things you can do.

Salvation isn't being perfect.

Salvation isn't going to church, or being baptized.

Salvation is believing in your heart that Jesus Christ died for you and your sins. It's accepting the gift that has been offered you.

It's not what we do, but what He did.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Look, I know it can be hard to simply accept this gift. It's easier to think that you can do something to earn it. That you can be a good enough person to get yourself into heaven.

But you can't.

What I'm trying to tell you is don't let your pride get in the way of you accepting the greatest gift you could ever be given!

Because it takes bravery to humble yourself and tell God that you need Him to save you, cause you can't save yourself.

But if you do that, you're life will never be the same! Your name will be sealed forever in the Book of Life. That means you never have to fear death and that you never have to feel alone ever again.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

I'm wanted to share this with you because there's still hope, there is still time to accept and I pray that you do.

Thanks for reading until the end. ❤️

If you have questions please feel free to DM me.

If you don't understand why I would believe the Bible in the first place then go ahead and just to the next chapter and you'll see why.