Fights and Texts

"Hey, idiot, are you listening to me?" Jack asked. Corey kept walking.

"Yeah four-eyes, look at someone when they're speaking to you," AJ put his hand on Corey's shoulder and jerked him around.

"Knock it off guys, this isn't funny," Corey said.

"Really? I'm getting a pretty good laugh out of it, what about you Jack?" AJ asked.

"Yeah me too," Jack agreed,"But you know what would be even funnier? This." Jack drew back his hand, locked into a fist, and threw a punch as hard as he could. The blow landed on Corey's back, and he fell face first into a mud puddle. His glasses were now smeared with mud.

AJ and Jack burst into laughter. Jack began to hold his sides, and AJ fell to his knees. Both had tears in their eyes.

"Could you be anymore of a loser, Corey?" Jack cried out. He was bent over holding himself up by pressing his hands to his knees, and wiping the tears from his lifeless, dark eyes.

"Honestly, you don't even need our help. Your just too much of an idiot on your own," AJ put in. He was crawling his way up from the sidewalk and squinting down at Corey, smirking, with his amused green eyes.

"Leave me alone," Corey begged, as he tried to recover his bookbag from the mud.

"Awww, you didn't ask nicely," AJ said, poofing out his lower lip. Jack took the hint and ripped the bag from Corey's hands. When Corey jumped up to retrieve it, AJ placed his hands on each of his shoulders and pushed him back away. Corey flew back down into the mud again and the boys each doubled over in laughter. Jack threw Corey's bag down next to him, making sure that the mud would soak through it, and AJ kicked Corey's side. His foot connected with Corey's ribcage, shooting pain up his side, and making him groan.

Then, AJ, grabbed the corners of Corey's shirt, and slammed him up agianst the brick fence, surrounding the CourtsView residence. Jack threw a punch into Corey's stomach, and continued to do so, until they heard a call from across the street.

"Jack? What are you doing?" It was Sarah, Jack's twin sister. Frankly, they didn't look anything alike. Jack was tall and strong, with thick brown hair, and lifeless dark eyes. He always wore the same creepy expression, but his eyes looked like they were always far off, thinking of something he kept secret. On the other hand, Sarah was average height but like Jack, strong. She had flowing reddish brown hair and dark eyes. But her eyes were not lifeless like Jack's, they were a sparkling upbeat sort of dark and they made her even more beautiful then she already was. But she too was always far off like Jack, so in one way they were similiar.

"Go home Sarah, this doesn't cocern you," Jack commanded throwing another punch, this time at Corey's face.

"Why do you do this?" Sarah asked, ignoring Jack's command.

"I said go home Sarah!" This time, Jack yelled it, as AJ released Corey from his grip, and walked over to his sister.

"Not unless you come with me," Sarah protested. Corey knew he should take this as his opportunity to run, but he just couldn't. He had to see this go down, plus Sarah was here, and he just couldn't get enough of her...

"No little sister, I am not going back with you," Jack stressed the word little.

"Why not? To beat up on kids like Corey? I get enough of this at home and then you have to tromp around making it worse! Honestly, you'd think that you out of all people would know not to be like...this!" Sarah screamed. She began to get tears in her eyes, and Corey watched as they slowly rolled to her cheeks. She took in a deep breath, then turned on her heels, and marched off.

Corey looked up. Jack looked wounded, wow Corey never thought Jack could look wounded. This was by far the wierdest thing he'd seen all day. What had Sarah meant by "I get enough of this at home"? Or "you'd think that you out of all people would know not to be like this"?

"Dude, what just happened?" AJ asked. He looked as confused as Corey.

"Its none of your buisness," Jack snapped,"I have to go home."

"See ya tommorrow nerd," AJ adressed Corey by giving him a small shove, then began to follow Jack.

*************

"Mom, I'm home!" Corey yelled, shutting the front door of his house. A middle aged woman ran into the room, arms spread out wide, then she stopped and examined her son. Corey looked terrible. His clothes were covered in mud, and his glasses he held broken and muddy in his hands. He had a little dried blood coming from his nose, and he was holding his side, where AJ had kicked him.

"What took you so long?" Corey's mother asked, eyebrows raised.

"Uh, nothing mom, I just fell, that's all," Corey replied. Please drop it, please drop it.... Corey thought.

"You fell?"

"Yes?"

"Corey, you have got to stop covering for the boys who do this to you. You have got to tell someone. They could put you in a hospital, or worse,"

"I'm fine mom really. But I may need a new bookbag, mine got ruined," Corey placed his ruined bag on the counter.

"You wouldn't mind telling me how that happened, would you?"

Corey shook his head, no, then marched upstairs to his room. Why can't she see I don't want to talk about it, why? He thought. He reached the door to his room and pushed it open, then he made his way to his desk, to pick up his phone. He scrolled through and saw he missed a text. It was from Sarah.
Sarah
Hey Corey I'm so sorry about my idiot brother. If there's anything you need just as k? Again really sorry......
Corey
It's ok Sarah. It wasn't ur fault but thxs for helping. I may or may not need help on my hwk. though can I come to ur house?

Sarah responded seconds later.
No um sorry but my dad has something going on over here but I can go to ur place
Corey
Sure thxs bye
Sarah
See u at...7:00

Corey smiled. Sarah was coming to his house, and she was ok with that...awesome! It was kind of weird crushing on your bully's twin but Sarah was worth it. He decided to lay down and get some sleep.

Corey woke up an hour till 7:00, to the sound of his text alert. He grogily got out of bed and checked his messages. It was from Sarah.
Sarah
Corey I can't come over, something happened
Corey
Uh is everything ok?
Sarah
It's Jack, he's in the hospital...I have to pick him up
Corey
Your dad can't?
Sarah
He isn't close enough, I have to go sorry

How did Jack get in the hospital, and why? Great now Corey's plans were ruined, and life went back to sucking. But still if Sarah's brother was in the hospital, he should at least pretend that he cared. He decided that he'd stop by and see if she was ok.