Jerks

Where were you...and why was Corey with you?

This was the first thing Sarah asked Jack. She'd practicly forced him to look at her so that they could talk...ish. Jack's brow furrowed and he tried looking away, but Sarah wouldn't let him.
Jack, I know that Corey wasn't helping you. One he'd never offer his help to the guy that scares the heck out of him. Two even if he offered it you wouldn't take his help. And finally you would never ask Corey for help in a million years.
I won't tell you Sarah-
Yes you will
All right, he read the text and I asked him what he saw... okay?
And
And nothing, that is it, that's all I'm telling you Sarah
"Hey dude," AJ had gave Jack a small shove, "It looks like you guys wanna make out or somethin. You've been staring at each other for like twenty minutes."

"You're sick AJ, you know that?" Sarah hissed back.

"Shut up," Jack said to no one in paticular. Sarah and AJ fell silent. After the bell rang, Sarah was making her way to her next class when she ran into someone. Her books had sprawled all over the floor, and she looked down to pick them up.

When she looked up, she felt amazed. He must have been a new student or something because he looked new, but he was gorgeous. His eyes were like a kalidiscope, with all of the different colors swirling beautifully. He was very muscular, and looked like a football player. Then his hair was palish red, a little lighter than Corey's.

"I'm sorry I'm kind of out of it today," she told him, as she helped pick up his books, which were now sprawled on the ground, like hers had been.

"No it's fine, hey I'm looking for someone right now his name's Corey, I think," the boy said back.

"He's probally out front, you know in front of the school," Sarah felt like and idiot.

"Yeah I know. Thanks for the help....?"

"Sarah"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jesse."

"So are you new to this school?" Sarah asked Jesse.

"Oh no I don't even go here, my uh friends and I we wanted to talk to Corey," Jesse said,"And we just did, but the others left without me."

"Why what's so special about Corey?" Sarah asked him.

"You know what, never mind, again thanks for the help Sarah." Jesse said her name gently, like it was delicate and if you used it to roughly, it would break. All Sarah could do was watch Jesse disapear into the crowd of highschoolers, as Allison came up behind her and snapped her from her day dream.

***********

"Wait Allie let me get this straight. You're telling me that there's a secret room in the basement of the school and you're what," Sarah asked her best friend.

"I'm daring you to go and check it out," Allie said her eyes wide.

"No way, that's so not logical,"

"Then you won't be afraid to go and see for youself," Allie said firmly.

"Deal, there is no way this school has a secret room in it's basement,"Allie smiled sweetly and gave a slight chuckle.

Then the whole cafeteria seemed to stop, as loud ooooooooossssss filled the room. Some kids were laughing to. Sarah looked over Allie's shoulder, who was turned around, to see what had happened. Behind Allie stood Jack, and from the top of his head down to his waist, he had soda dripping from his body. She watched as some girl named Kelli pressed the empty can of pop against Jack's chest, and since he didn't take it, watched as it fell to the ground.

"You're just a jerk, you know that?" Kelli screamed at him. Jack stood stiff in the middle of the room, he obviously hadn't really moved an inch.

That's when Sarah shot up from her seat and walked straight to her brother, dragging him along by his nonbroken arm. She dragged him out all the way into the hallway, and finally released him.

"I feel like I'm babysitting you every second of your life! Are you kidding me Jack? I barely had ten minutes to myself before this happened. What did you do?" Sarah asked him.

"It is none of your buisness Sarah, leave me alone," Jack's hair was still wet from when Kelli had poured her drink on his head, and a part of his shirt clung to his skin while the rest stayed dry. He had a bit of pop droplets on his skin and she could see him trying to blink the sodium (yes there is quite a lot of sodium/salt in pop) from his eyes.

"I always win these fights so let's just skip the fighting part and get on with our lives, ok? Now what the heck was that?" Sarah asked anxiously waiting for Jack to answer.

"I really don't want to tell you Sarah," yet still seconds later,"ok I'll tell you. AJ made a bet with me and a couple of other guys about her, and I just told her so that she wouldn't get hurt. But she also kind of flipped out."

"Why, what did he bet?"

"I'd rather not say," Jack was obviously not going to give this one up.

"Um, okay. Jack I have to go, do me a favor and stay out of trouble, please?" And with that Sarah was gone.