𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: stars aligned

WHAT A FEELING
05: STARS ALIGNED

WHAT A FEELING05: STARS ALIGNED

( cw: season five spoilers )

        AS DAYS passed by slyly, summer crept its way into Nova's life without her knowledge

AS DAYS passed by slyly, summer crept its way into Nova's life without her knowledge. Brilliant blue skies greeted her every single morning, with the blinding sun caressing her skin with its golden sunlight. Even the city air seemed sweeter, giving the illusion that if she closed her eyes and focused on the warmth of sunshine seeping into her body, she was back home in California.

And she would love to give in to that fantasy, to get lost daydreaming about laying under the sun, allowing it to kiss her soft skin while she buried her toes in the warm sand of Venice Beach without a worry in the world. But, sadly, after the tragic events that had taken place not that long ago, Nova couldn't pretend nothing had happened.

Flashes of that treacherous day burned deep inside her mind, the tremendous amount of guilt she felt weighing heavy on her shoulders as she remembered everything she did and all the things she didn't, but should have. Nova was stuck on a loop, finding herself unable to escape her plaguing thoughts and haunting memories.

As much as she tried to push it away, her guilt was like ink, pooling inside her head and staining all of her coherent reasonings, making them indecipherable. Spencer's words were the only thing keeping her relatively sane, reminding her to press the pause button on her thoughts and anchor herself back to reality.

She had done everything Hotch had asked for and more, she had warned him and he had chosen to ignore her. Her job was done, and the results of his poor judgment were out of her hands. Even though Nova knew Spencer was right, one look at the darkness draining the flicker of light in Hotch's dark eyes was all it took to turn her mind into the ever-tightening spiral that was eating her alive.

Nova couldn't even begin to imagine how traumatizing and painful the events of that day had been for him. She had only gotten a glimpse of it when he had called her into his hospital room to talk about what had happened, not because he had wanted to, but because he had realized that he was one of Foyet's victims now, and explaining what he had done to him was the logical thing to do.