Friday Bash

I was jealous.

Jealous of a soul sucking demon.

His backyard wasn't a yard. It was a forest, a swimming pool and a waterpark at the same time.

There was a barbecue going on in the right corner, to the left corner a game of beer pong was happening, on an actual ping pong table.

In the center was a humongous pool and on the right end of it there was a twisting green water slide.

To the far end of the swimming pool were the woods but someone had hung fairy lights in them to make the whole place more magical and less scary.

A Jacuzzi bubbled on the side of the pool.

'Close your mouth,' Lucian murmured beside me and I gulped before closing it, wiping my mouth in case of excitement drool.

Turning I looked at him, 'How did you come by such an amazing place?'

Lucian shrugged in response.

'You live here alone?' I whispered.

He looked at me now, his eyes seemed to hold a puzzle. Something I didn't quite understand, 'No'.

'Come on Lizzy! This is super fun!' Charlotte pulled me away before I could question him farther.

What did he mean "no"? I thought to myself as Charlotte pulled me towards the jacuzzi.

There was already a handful of people in it including Grace, Jack, Trinity and Ashley.

Jack looked up at me hopefully and patted the sides of the jacuzzi which was bubbling and giving off neon lights underwater, 'Come on Lizzy,' he smiled but my heart ached.

I'd had countless dreams and daydreams that one day Jack Isle would say that to me. He'd notice me, invite me, fall in love with me and call me by my nickname.

Now that he had done everything I dreamed of I found myself wishing that he had kept on calling me Ellen.

That would've been less painful than a puppet made to fall in love with me. Forced against his will.

Someone whistled behind me, 'Damn Elizabeth is that you?'

I turned to see Chase Huntington in his swimming briefs, one hand holding a champagne bottle, the other sported four glasses.

Chase was good looking. He had his short blond hair, that buff body, broad shoulders, a cute smile and a tremendous ego.

'I never knew you could look this good,' he chuckled, eyeing me up and down like something on display.

'Uh yeah... thanks,' I muttered, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze.

'No problem,' he smirked again, 'You want to join the jacuzzi club?'

'I don't have a swimming suit,' I said and Chase laughed.

'You don't need one,' he grinned.

'Excuse you?' I said, my eyes narrowing.

An agitated sigh sounded from behind me, 'Bra and undies Liz,' Grace looked at me, her dark hair in a classy bun on top of her head, 'Lucian was lending out briefs just now. Some girls are dying, thinking they're his, they've decided they're going to take them home. My guess is that the snob bought them all new,' Grace stuck her nose in the air.

'You should go find Lucian. Get him to give you a pair,' Charlotte piped in.

'I saw him go upstairs,' Chase commented from behind me.