Part 11 : The Unexpected Kiss

Lauren's POV

It was almost seven. I went inside the cafe. Some guests were here. I started singing at seven and I saw Lucy and her parents arrived. I went to greet them during the first break. I went back to the stage and continued singing with the band. I took a short break before nine. I was hoping to see a text from Camila. I just met her but I missed her. 

Lucy asked me to join her and her parents at the hotel for the countdown. Louis also asked me to join his party together with the band. I also felt like to go home and spent the rest of the night by myself at home. I was conflicted inside. I texted Camila asking her opinion. 

To Camila : Camz, which one should I go. Louis party, or at the hotel with Lucy and parents, or just go home and sleep.

I sent the text, and I just realized, she would never ask me to choose Lucy's place.

From Camila : Louis

To Camila : Why Louis?

She read the text and she didn't answer me. I knew she would choose Louis for me. She didn't like the idea of me spending time with Lucy, and She always wanted me to have fun instead of staying home. I went back to the stage.

The cafe was closing soon and the band convinced me to join them to Louis' party. Last year I spent the New Year Eve with Lucy at the party and roaming around the city after the party. It was a good time. It was also good to try something different this year. I agreed to go with the band to Louis' party. I could just leave anyway, if I didn't like it.

.

We arrived at the party. The party was packed and only few people were drunk. I didn't drink in general. I only drank water or juice, and sometimes milk. I didn't even drink coffee. It was New Year Eve, I could use a drink. Few glasses of wine would not hurt anybody. I would not have other than wine because my parents would check on me.

I was not good at drinking alcohol. I was on my second glass of wine after an hour into the party. I was still good, but I know I would be drunk if I took the third one. Two was enough to get me tipsy. I slowed it down. I didn't know where the guys from the band were. They might find some new friends. I was sitting alone outside looking at the beach and the people, when a girl come to me.

She introduced herself, her name was Anita. I guessed she was not from L.A.. Then, she told me she was from Brazil and here in L.A. visiting her friend for New Year Eve. We talked about music, she liked music as well, as we jammed to the music played. Fifteen minutes into talking, she was sitting closer, too close to my liking. She was pretty and sexy, but I was not going to kiss her. She got closer and I was thinking how to reject her with my tipsy brain. I looked at my glass I had finished my second glass. She was offering me the third glass.

Narrator's POV

After the dinner with her parents and their friends, Camila received a text message from Lauren asking her which option to choose. Camila told Lauren to go to Louis' party as she was thinking to go there with Niall. She didn't reply Lauren as she wanted to surprise her. Camila asked Niall and her parents let her go as they could not stand seeing her bored. Camila texted Lauren on the way to the party but Lauren didn't reply her. Camila called her when she arrived there and Lauren didn't answer her call. She decided to look for Lauren herself.

She managed to find Lauren but she was not alone and not with somebody Camila knew. Camila was jealous as they were sitting so close and looked like the girl who was pretty and sexy, was going to kiss Lauren. She rushed there and throw herself down on the couch by Lauren side and side hugged her. Camila was marking her territory. "Finally, I found you." She said to Lauren but she was staring at the girl angrily. The girl got what Camila meant and she left them alone.