Chapter 4

The ride back to campus the next morning was tense and silent. Cameron was driving the car while Nevaeh slept and Jade tried her best to avoid Cameron's disapproving look. He had told their ears off throwing in words like Responsibility, Maturity and Stupidity. Maturity had been thrown in more times than the other making Jade sick to the stomach.

Jade had never been so ashamed as she and Nevaeh stumbled after Cameron to his car. She wasn't usually impulsive. Jade planned things, she didn't just act. So why had she acted on impulse yesterday. Falling asleep on the beach? That wasn't her. That was Nevaeh and she was Cameron, the one who told people to be responsible.

"What happened?" Cameron asked Jade and she fiddled with her fingers.

She and Cameron got along. They were friends mostly because of Nevaeh but other times they talked about other stuff. However now with his tone leaking disapproval, she didn't really feel like talking.

"Jade," Cam pressed softly. Jade's resolve died.

"Jack dumped me," Jade told him running her hands through her hair and she saw Cameron frown in the rear-view mirror.

"I thought you guys were cool," Cameron said and Jade shrugged.

"Me too then he said he was done," Jade explained and she saw pity written all over Cameron's face.

She hated it, pity.

"I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that," Cameron told Jade and she nodded.

"Thank you."

"So it that why you and your best friend thought it would be wise to steal my car," Cameron teased and Jade laughed.

"Get over it," Jade joked and Cameron cracked a grin.

"You sound like Nevaeh," he said before they both burst into laughter.

The atmosphere in the car visibly relaxed. Cameron put some music on and talked to Jade. Jade moved so that she was in between the front seats and she would occasionally fiddle with the radio. She and Cameron laughed and joked and it wasn't long till they arrived back at campus.

"I'll see you around," Jade waved and Cameron nodded smiling.

"Sure, leave me with your crazy best friend," he teased Jade.

"Hey she's your girlfriend," Jade responded playfully before jogging back to her dorm.

It was already 9am and Jade decided to take a shower first. Her body felt sweaty, sandy and a bit itchy. Luckily the showers were empty which meant Jade could take a long shower to relax her tense muscles and wash away all the sand with no interruption.

After her long shower, Jade decided to plan her week and finish all pending assignments as a way for her not to call Jack. It was better to keep her mind busy, that way she wouldn't set herself up for humiliation. Despite the fact that she almost hated him, she missed him. She missed the sound of his voice, his scent, his cologne, his feathery light kisses-

Jade stopped and frowned. Hastily she called Celia and started ranting about all the bad things Jack did.

"I just realized something," she began and Celia hummed in response. "Jack is not an angel. I foolishly put him on a pedestal and bowed down to him."

"Jade –" Celia wanted to stop Jade from talking but Jade wasn't having it.

"I was so stupid," Jade continued pacing up and down the room.

"Jade –"

"Jack was such a bad kisser," Jade ranted on. "He always seemed to bite my lips so hard.

Jade made sounds that sounded a lot like grunting to try and make Celia imagine what the kissing was like and Celia laughed.

"As if the bad kissing wasn't enough, he always seemed to talk about himself endlessly. He just went on and on and on. That's not even the worst thing about him. He called himself a music 'legend' but he sounded terrible. What's legendary about his voice; the fact that his voice could pass off as a donkey's bray?" Jade almost yelled.

"Jade stop –" Celia warned but Jade shook her head determined to continue yelling.

"Okay maybe I'm being theatrical. He wasn't that bad but let me have this. And the sex was bad Celia, it was terrible. On a scale of one to ten of it being terrible? It was a dangerous 9.99 out of 10. I only tolerated it because well he wasn't all that bad but let me just explain to you just how bad it was. It was –" Jade was cut off by Celia's yell.

"- Jade shut up!" Celia finally yelled. "Everyone can hear you."

Jade was mortified. She nodded somberly and whispered an okay. She could finally hear the snickers and she closed her eyes in embarrassment. Before she could hear anymore she hung up and curled herself into a ball.

WTF had just happened?

Who was everyone?

Thank you for reading! 

Question of the day: What's your favorite season of the year? 

Mine is spring. It's so pretty. 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share