truth (emily's POV)

I arrive at Sydney's Diner first. It's usually busy during the morning because their pancakes are to die for. So there's only a couple people in the different booths.

I ask for a table for 2. The waitress seats me and sets down 2 menus.

"I'll come back soon, hon," the waitress says.

I thanked her and checked my watch.

"Hotch should be here by now," you thought to yourself, "did he just stand me up?"

10 more minutes pass by, at this point, I already ordered and was just waiting for my food.

"Oh God, could it be me? Did I do something to him? Did he say yes out of pity, just because I mentioned everyone else said no to coming with me?" I asked myself.

As I looked outside, it looked gloomy, like rain was about to come. I swore it was just sunny outside. A bell attached to the top of the door rings. I look up. It's Hotch, in a zip up jacket, with jeans on. He looks good, like hot.

"Uh did you just call your boss hot Prentiss? Calm down girl!" you say to yourself.

"Hi, I'm sorry I'm late. I changed and talked to Strauss about a couple things before I left," Hotch said, out of breath.

"It's fine," I say, "I thought you were going to stand me up," I waved for the waitress to come over and take Hotch's order.

"Em, I would never do that to you," Hotch declares, looking at you.

"Em? He only calls me Prentiss. I guess it's progress of warming up to Hotch."

As he orders, I begin to stare at him. He's actually really cute. He takes his jacket off after he orders and BOY IS HE BUFF. When does this man have time to work out? He practically lives at the BAU!

I notice him fidgeting with the utensils the waitress left for us. I figured something was wrong, he's too good as a profiler to really show fidgeting, unless he's actually nervous.

"So," we both say at the same time.

He shows a smile. Rare to see Mr. Aaron Hotchner smile.

"You go first," I say.

Before he could say anything, our food arrived. And he got straight to eating. As he finished eating within minutes, I took my time. I wasn't headed anywhere for the rest of the day anyways.

He looks at you, almost admiring you. It also looks like he's about to talk.

"Prentiss. Can I call you Emily when we're not at work?," he asks.

"Yeah of course, Hotch," I say.

"Please call me Aaron." he insists.

"Well okay then Aaron," I state.

"Emily, you know how I mentioned I talked to Strauss before coming here. It was actually about you," he quietly says.

I raise an eyebrow as I continue eating.

"Almost a week ago, Strauss told me some big news. And she wanted me to share it with you because I'm your Unit Chief," he says.

I nod. And he continues to talk.

"You have an offer from Interpol, they want you to come work with them," he blurted out.

Once I heard the word "Interpol", I choked on my food. Hotch looked at me concerned and passed me his water as I started coughing. He ran over to my side, knelt down, and patted my back. As I started to calm down, I didn't even realize I finished Hotch's water.