Think: Chapter Thirty-One: Buried in Ash and Forgotten

My Hero Academia Fan Fiction by Agent ARK 88

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fan fiction using characters and settings from My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not claim any ownership of characters present in this piece that are owned and created by Kohei Horikoshi. I do not own My Hero Academima/Boku no Hero Academia.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Warnings: This work contains mild language, blood, and violence. If you are easily triggered by violent scenarios, please do not read this chapter.

Please be aware this piece is in second person perspective, following my original character, Think, Anna Kokoro, who is a transfer student from America. I will be posting in chapters/sections. I hope you have as much fun reading these pieces, as I did writing them.

Chapter Thirty-One: Buried in Ash and Forgotten

"Leave her alone, Zombie Bastard," Bakugo snapped.

Dabi leaned back in his chair, scowling at him. "You sure got a mouth on you. I was just talking to her. If you want to continue to be an ass about it, maybe I'll think of something other than talking to do." Dabi lit his hand in blue flame, balancing the fire between his slender fingers.

"Touch her, and I'll kill you," Bakugo snarled.

Dabi's smile widened. "Tempting," he said. His smile faded and so did the flame. "But, I'm supposed to play nice." He ran a hand through his hair, shutting his eyes and leaning back. "Count yourselves lucky that the snake freak isn't the one on first shift."

"Yes, because the murderous arsonist is the better option," Bakugo stated flatly.

You blinked sleepily, barely keeping it together. Your throat hurt. Your head was swimming. For a moment, the world went black, stuttering back when your head hit Bakugo's shoulder with force. Startled, he pulled back.

"Shit, Big Brain..." he murmured. His red eyes softened, looking down at you.

"I'm fine," you said on reflex, your head pulsing in pain.

Dabi stood. Bakugo's focus snapped back on him. Dabi paused, tilting his head and looking you over. He gritted his teeth, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't move," Dabi said. He left the room.

"Are you okay?" Bakugo asked, as soon as the door had shut.

You closed your mouth, clenching your teeth and angling your face away from him.

"I'll take that as a no," Bakugo said.

"I'm scared," you finally said, choking on the words like sand.

Bakugo stiffened beside you, and his breath caught. "Listen to me, Big Brain. You don't need to be scared. I'm getting us out of this. I swear to you that I'm not going to let anything bad happen—"

"It already happened," you said between a sob. You turned your tear-streaked face back to him. "Mr. Aizawa told us not to leave campus, and we did. This is all my fault. Todoroki could barely breathe. Mina and Sero were unconscious. Kirishima...oh...poor Kirishima..." You cried. "Why didn't I just listen?" you asked.

Bakugo clenched his jaw, searching your expression. His face started growing red in anger. He shifted several times, before growling in irritation.