XXI.

꧁ chapter twenty-one ꧂aang's intervention

chapter twenty-one
aang's intervention

✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁎⁺˳✧༚

"IT'S LIKE EVERYTIME I think about how stressed I am, I just end up more stressed," Aang explained, "I'm like a big, growing snowball of nerves"

"Of course you are. That's cause you gotta fight the Fire Lord, the baddest man on the planet," Sokka replied before adding,

"And you better win or we're all done for"

"Sokka!" Meiluna looked at him in shock.

"You're not helping" Katara said, giving her brother an annoyed look.

"What? It's true. That's the deal. He knows it" Sokka shrugged.

Katara walked over to Aang,
"You know what? I've got just the thing! Get ready to be de-stressified!"

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

"I'm out of ideas," Sokka walked past Meiluna, "He's all yours"

Meiluna turned to face the Avatar, who appeared to be even more stressed than he was to begin with.

"Well, when I can't sleep, I find that tea really helps to calm me down," Meiluna explained to Aang, "There was this really good tea place in Ba Sing Se, their tea was absolutely perfect. You should've been there, it was the best balance between-"

Meiluna paused her speech realising she had gone off on a tangent.

"Uh, well, I've never actually made tea myself, you know, people around the palace usually did it for me"

Aang listened to the girl with a doubtful look in his eyes as she brought out two cups Toph had created with her earthbending.

"I think it should be fine though" She continued as she grabbed a cup handing it to Aang.

He peered inside the cup, staring at the pitiful leaves that floated around in the pool of water before looking back at Meiluna with a grimace.

"The water isn't exactly hot because I don't know how to make a fire and I used some leaves off of that tree" She said pointing at a nearby tree, that seemed to be on the brink of death with withered branches.

"You know what-" Aang started but was cut off by Meiluna,

"Seriously, it can't be that bad"

She brought the cup up to her lips taking a large gulp. Her eyes widened with disgust before she spat out the contents of her mouth.

"Oh Spirits!"

Aang continued to stare at the Princess who looked back up at him with a weak smile,