Chapter 4

slowly place my hand on my gun, taking deep breaths. I stare into Liam's eyes and make sure he reads my lips. "The window. Go to the window." I mouth to him. He nods slowly.

"1.....2.....3" I mouth. I draw my gun and we both turn around quickly. Liam ducks under the table and I stay low to the ground, slowly inching my way toward the window. I keep my eye on the holder of the gun. Its a man in all black. Only his eyes are showing.

Everything freezes. "Who are you?" my voice sounds weak and raspy.

"Wouldn't you like to know, sweetheart." he points his gun at Liam. "Stop! Don't hurt him." I jump protectively in front of Liam. You could see the pain in the mans eyes. Or was it jealousy?

I grab Liam in my arms and jump out of the window. You may think I am crazy, but I had carefully observed every possible escape route in this hotel room when I walked in. There is a pool below us.

Liam holds on to me for dear life as we fall. We both land in the pool with a loud splash. I come up out of the water, taking in a breath of air. Liam comes up beside me coughing. We both climb out of the water onto the patio. "That was close." I say

"Why did you do it?" he asks me.

"What do you mean? You didn't want to die, did you?" I reply with a snap. Maybe that was too harsh.

"No, I mean, jumping in front of a gun for me. Do you still love me, Mollie?" he asks me with an innocent look.

"What makes you think I loved you in the first place, huh?" I try to change the subject, because quite frankly, I dont know. My mind thinks back to the man. He seemed familiar. Is he working for Double Edge? Even worse, is he Double Edge? So many questions linger in my mind as I sit there on the deck, unaware that he may be close by.

"Mollie, we need need to go. He could come out here at any second." what Liam says is true, as much as I would rather sit here and figure things out, we must get going, I nod and stand up.

I am soaked and Im not sure how to get dry clothes. I cant walk the streets of Paris in a soaking wet dress and appear to be normal. Beside the fact, I may catch a neumonia. "A thrift store. We need to find one. We can't go inside again, not after what happend." I say to Liam. We walk to the front of the hotel and search the streets for second hand stores. I am getting really cold. "Liam, we need to hurry. I am very cold." my teeth chatter. I see a man locking up a store. I look closely at the sign. It's a thrift store.

"Wait, sir! Please! Just a few minutes." I call to him. He turns around to face us. We run to him. He stares at us like we are crazy running around in a wet dress and a wet tux. "Yes, ma'am. May I ask why you are in wet clothing?"

"No, questions, sir. Please let us in." I show him my badge. He immediately turns and puts the key in the lock and quickly turns it. He seems a bit worried about something. He opens the door and we go in. I go to the womens department looking for a normal outfit and some glasses.

Liam calls me into a dressing room to see an outfit he found. When I open the door, he is wearing the tackiest clothes I have ever seen. I can't help but laugh, I haven't laughed in such a long time. There is truly nothing worth laughing at when your whole life is a secret and one person could ruin missions and codes trying to be solved for years. Thats why I gave Liam a chance when I first met him on one of my first missions as a coverup waitress. He brought a certain light about him that made see a glimpse of what normal life was like.

He looks satisfied as I laugh. Like it's a big accomplishment. Well, in some way it is. I hear the man in the other room talking to someone on the phone. Its pretty late so I am a bit skeptical. I try to listen to his conversation. Listening for key words.

"No, boss. They are in the dressing rooms. I will try to get rid of them as soon as possible. They won't find it. I hid it well." I hear most of his conversation. Hid what well? I have to report this to Foster.

"Liam, please hurry. I think the man is hiding something. I don't want to be here if he tries anything funny. We need to report him to foster." I say. I check my phone to see if it still works. The screen is out of color and its acting up. Im going to try to take a picture of the man and show is to Foster, if I can. I hold the phone up to Liam as if I am taking a picture of him, I use my front view camera to take a picture over my shoulder. You can see his obvious features, but its not that great of quality.

"Alright, lets check out and go. This guy is creeping me out." I say, grabbing the clothes I am buying. Liam follows me to the check out. 

As we get up to the counter, the man walks over to the door and locks it from the inside. What is he doing?

"You had better stay here, you hear? You can't escape." his voice is sinister with an evil ring to it. The type of voice you think you should listen to. I am frozen where I am. Not moving. He draws a gun. Oh, shoot. My gun fell out of my hand when we fell in the pool.

"Boss, I got him." the man looks behind us. I turn around to face who he is talking to.

He is the same man that was in my hotel room. Something about him is so familiar.

Its his eyes. They are the same eyes that once looked so pained and sad. The same eyes I fell in love with.

Its Grant.

That can only mean one thing. He faked his death.

A/ N

Hey yall!

So, how crazy is that? What do you think happend? Why do you think he faked his death?

Please vote and leave feedback. I just love comments :)

Thanks, meh lovelies

Mia ^><^