Chapter 44

Luke's POV

It's been two days since Mia left and I still haven't heard from her.

But I've been in contact with mum so I know she's safe.

I can't believe that she left and we are probably never going to have a normal family that we tried so hard to have.

"Luke we are going out and you're coming," Jai calls out.

"I don't feel like going anywhere."

"We promised Mia we would take care of you and you can't just stay in bed all day crying."

"You can if your fucking heart was broken," I bark.

"Calm down we're only trying to help so suit yourself if you want to stay here feeling sorry for yourself," Jai says before walking away.

I groan and punch the bed as hard as I can.

Nothing's going to make me feel better knowing that Mia isn't by my side.

My hands pick up my phone and dial the number the I know off by heart before my mind stops me.

"Hello," Mia answers after a couple of rings.

"Hey," I reply.

I speak up again after a moment of silence.

"How've you been?"

"Alright I guess," she answers.

By the tone of her voice I can tell she is trying not to break down.

"Are we like over?" I ask her even though I'm scared of the answer.

"Luke," she takes a deep breath. "Right now we are just going to be parents focusing on raising our daughter and maybe when things aren't so complicated we can try the whole us thing again."

"We will try the whole us thing again trust me," I smile.

"I've got to go now," she says yawning.

Shit I didn't even think of the time difference.

"What time is it over there?" I ask her.

"Three thirty in the morning," she laughs.

"I'm so sorry I didn't even think of that," I chuckle.

"It's fine."

"Well I'll let you get back to sleep."

"Goodnight Luke."

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too," she says before hanging up.

Once she said those three words I feel like I'm on top of the world.

Even though we aren't together at the moment I just know that we can work everything out and all we need is a bit of time.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Two months later

Mia's POV

"Mum I think she's coming," I scream as I feel my water break.

"Calm down Mia we'll get you to the hospital right now and it will all be fine," Mum says throwing some clothes into a bag for me.

Today was the date I was due so it was no surprise.

We climb into the car and mum drives as fast she's legally allowed to the hospital.

"Hi Gina, the baby is coming and we are at the hospital right now room 32," mum says into her phone while she soothingly rubs my hand.

"Okay we will see you soon then," she hangs up with a wide smile on her face.

Twenty minutes later a frantic Gina arrives.

She sees how I'm doing and then pulls mum out of the room.

I look at them confusedly as they are leaving me alone while I'm in labour.

The door then opens again and I see someone that I haven't see in two months.

"Luke," I smile.

He smiles back and hands me a bunch of roses.

"You think I would miss the birth of our daughter?" He says pulling a chair up beside my bed.

He takes my hand in his and rubs little circles to calm me down.

"You didn't make this baby by yourself so you're not having it by yourself," he says with a smirk playing on his face.

"I love you," I say.

"And I love you," he replies. "And I love you so please come out soon," he says in a baby voice to my stomach.

*Sixteen hours later*

"You can do it," Luke says as I squeeze his hand as I tight as I possibly can while giving one final push.

I breath a sigh of relief when I hear a little cry.

"She's here," He whispers before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

A couple of minutes later she's brought back and given to me. I move the blanket away and look at her tiny face.

"She's gorgeous," a tear trickles down my cheek and Luke wipes it away for me.

"Do you have a name for her Miss Harris and Mr Brooks?" A nurse asks me.

Luke looks at me waiting for my answer.

"Ali May Brooks," I smile.

"That's a beautiful name," Gina gushes.

"It was Luke's idea," I admit.

"Congratulations on your new baby girl," the nurse says one last time before leaving.

"Family photo time," mum says pulling out her phone.

Luke comes closer and she snaps the picture.

"Beautiful," she smiles.

"I have something for you," Luke says.

He digs around in his pocket before pulling out the silver necklace he gave me for my birthday.

"Thank you," I smile as he puts it back on me.

"The necklace doesn't lie babe," he says. "Forever and always."

"Forever and always," I repeat.

I feel as if instead of this baby bringing more complications to Luke and I's relationship she's actually brought us back together.

Let's just hope it will stay this way.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter everyone!

I've decided to write a sequel but there is still more coming in this book so the sequel won't be for a little bit now :)

I'll update when this gets 15 votes and five comments

Love you all xoxo