002

—————————————————————
02 ; Time Of Our Life
—————————————————————

We were in highschool, break ups happen all the time right? They all say highschool couples don't usually last. They also say only those who were meant to be ,make it.

I was thinking about that on the way to school which I was late. I was thinking of that so hard that why my trace of thought ended up in me being late to school.

I walk up the stairs to the front door of the school and to the main office. I sign my full name on the sign in sheet.

: Melanie Kim

I walked to the lunch room cause the lady said it was my lunch shift, so I was right about that when I left my house this morning. I see him at a table all alone so I walk over to him and took a sit. I looked at my phone and thought about last night.

What am I going to tell him?

How am I going to tell him?

I tried to hide the hurt on my face but i'm sure that it was showing, because for once I look up from my phone and look with my blue eyes to his brown eyes.

" What's wrong? " He asked and my hand goes over his while his fingers lock onto mine.

He stares at my blue eyes.

" I want to break up " I say as I moved my hand away from his grasp.

I looked into his brown eyes making me want to take back what I just said.

" Are you okay? " I ask him sense he was silent for a few minutes still taking in on what I said before.

My mind is so clueless and at a lost state. I can't believe I even said those words it feels like I was not human. I felt so weird after telling him.

" Not now, but when I'm over you I will be " he replies and walks away from me from the table as the bell rings meaning to go back to class.

I swear I can see his heart washing away, leaving him in tears. Now I'm about to cry because I'm hurt, but I shouldn't be, because I'm the one who wanted to break up.

Walking back to class I start to think back to our moments remembering the time of our life. I'm missing the moments that could stare into those baby brown eyes of his to call him my baby.

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 434
_________
Edited September 14,2019
Re-edited August 28,2020

Remember 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑡𝑒d^^