H .O .P .E

|C h a p t e r 4|

©|Edited|©

°|Hope|°

Vrrrr

Ring!

I felt the vibration of my phone indicating that my first day back to high school starts in about and hour.

Let me introduce my self, my name is Hope Marie I'm 16 years old. Me and mom Corinne Marie had lived in New York for about a year now. We used to live in Italy, but had to move for some unknown reason. In Italy I didn't have much friends because we never stayed one place, we move every 7 months. One year is the longest in the 16 years I have been on this earth.

My mom says its because she likes to travel and that its great to meet new people

I feel like there's more to what she tells me

Snapping back to reality,I quickly got up from my bed, rubbing my blurry eyes.

I hate High school especially when we have a new principal

I made my way to the bathroom tugging of my yellow flowery night grown that my mom had bought me when I had turned 15.

She had quote that I need 'womanly things ' which I don't understand what she had meant by that.

I turned on the water drowning my self into quiet mode. After a good 15 minutes shower I tide my towel above my chest area, tying it tight so it doesn't fall off.

I made my way to my closet where I proceed to pick out my clothes for the day. For the first day back to school I wore a white crop top with the word 'Badass' plastered on it, I matched it with a high waist cut up jeans along with my black boots. Around my neck I had a neckless that I had stolen from my mom.

[Author here...I really thought she ate that. Edited in -August/2023]

I don't know why the necklace is special or why it makes her cry when she holds it. I couldn't stop my self from wanting to wear it.The necklace has the word H'V imprinted on it.

I don't know if its supposed to be my name, it couldn't be since my last name begins with a 'M'.

Snapping back to reality I quickly check how much more minutes I have to spear, which was approximately 20 minutes , but lucky for me school was only 15 minutes away.

I grab my school bag placing my drawing that were scatter all over my table into my bag, I place my bag over my shoulder then I proceed to make my way downstairs.

My mom wasn't home, she was always busy at work or trying to stay far away from me which I still don't get why.

She would always say 'I look like her' then she would start to cry and go out to the bar where she would come home drunk this all started to happen on my tenth birthday. Its been my life every day at this point.

I don't know who this her is or why she says I look like her?

I miss the old mom