~Chapter Three~

-No POV-

It was now night, Y/n had been brought to her new room hours ago. She was laying on her bed, Stuffed penguin under her arm as she was playing with her little red ball. She looked over to the clock, it read 12:00 am.

Just then a Shinigami entered the room with her. "Hello Ryuk" She said as she looked over at him. The Shinigami smiled and patted her head. "Hey there, it's been a while" Y/n giggled a little and nodded her head.

"Well I was stuck in an insane asylum." she said and Ryuk nodded his head, almost sadly. Y/n then sat up and looked at him. "Where is Rem?" she asked and Ryuk smiled again, "She's on her way. I let her know I found you" Just as he said that another Shinigami appeared in the room, "Ryuk. You told me you found her" She said before she saw the girl.

Rem smiled and hugged the girl. "Y/n, I've missed you. Everyone has." she said as she let go of the insane girl. Y/n smiled at her and said "I've missed everyone too. I'm shocked no one came to see me." Rem gave her a sad look and kissed her forehead "we couldn't find you. So when Ryuk told me he found you I came right here to see if it were true"

Y/n smiled a little and looked at the two Shinigamis. "Oh yeah, Ryuk, why were you Following Light?" she asked and the Shinigami chuckled "He's got my Death Note, but you knew that already" he spoke and Y/n nodded, "I'm guessing he really is Kira?" she asked and Ryuk nodded again. Both laughed and Y/n fell back into the bed. Rem smiled a little and said "Ryuk, we should fill her in. She will know more than even Light" Ryuk nodded and started speaking. "So..."

~Time Skip~

"And that's it" Ryuk finished and throughout the story Y/n laughed and had a good time. Rem told her about Misa Amane having another death note and how she is planning on meeting Kira by using it. She even knows where Light keeps Ryuk's Death Note. Even the scrap of it in his watch and wallet.

"So Rem, do you love this Misa Amane girl?" Y/n asked and Rem nodded a little. Y/n gasped dramatically and put a hand over her heart. "More than me?" she asked and Fem laughed a little "no, not more that you." Y/n laughed a little and smiled. She knew the Shinigamis love her the most out of anyone on earth.

"Kiddo, you should really get some sleep. You're going to need to be up early tomorrow" Ryuk said as he made Y/n lay back down. "Awwww fineeeee" she said with a giggle at the end. Ryuk and Rem both leaned down and placed a kiss into her forehead before they left "Goodnight Rem, Goodnight Ryuk" she spoke and both Shinigamis said goodnight as they left.

Y/n laid in bed for about an hour with her eyes closed before she finally passed out. The whole night she tossed and turned, just like every night. Eventually she woke up at 4:30 am. She had only slept for about 2 hours.

She sighed a little and got up. She walked into the other room, not expecting anyone else to be awake. But sure enough, L Lawliet was sitting in his chair watching something on his computer.

Something in Y/n clicked when she was alone with the insomniac. It was like her insanity just flowed away. Something about him made her more sane, but she didn't know what. She felt she could... trust him.

Y/n walked over to him and leaned her forearms on the back of his chair, "why are you awake?" she asked, L looked up at her and said "I have a condition called Insomnia. From what I know you have it as well" he spoke, his voice was laced with drowsiness, Y/n nodded and pulled over a chair, sitting next to him.

"What are you watching?" She asked and L smiled a little, he looked at the screen and said "Sugar Rush '' he said and Y/n smiled a little. "What is it about?" she asked, L looked at her and smiled cutely, "four groups of two bakers come to this show and they have a set amount of time to make different desserts. It's fun to watch, sometimes I ask Watari to try and make some of the things I see."

Y/n smiled at him as he looked back to the screen, She hasn't really gotten a chance to look at him. She saw past his tired look, she saw how really handsome he is. From his black hair down to how he looks with that cute smile.

Normally Y/n doesn't think about these types of things, but at the moment her mind was clear. As she looked at him she could feel her cheeks get warm. She looked away once she felt this and got confused "what.. What is this feeling?"

Once she looked away L did the same thing, he looked over at her and took in her features. To him, she was beautiful. As he was looking at her, Y/n looked back over at him and both blushed as they made eye contact. They both stared at each other for a second before they looked back to the computer screen.

After a few minutes L spoke up, "Would you like some cake?" he asked and Y/n smiled, "I would love some cake" they both smiled a little at each other and L went to get some cake. Y/n paused the show as she waited.

Once L got back he handed a piece of cake to the other Insomniac and sat back down. Y/n smiled and turned the show back on. They both ate their cake in silence as they watched the show.

After a few minutes Y/n had finished her cake, L had as well and they both just watched the show and waited for everyone else to wake up. Slowly Y/n moved her chair closer to L's, soon enough both of the chairs were pushed together. L smiled as they sat next to each other, watching the show.

After a few more hours the sun started to come up, Y/n was fine until other people started to show up, then her giggles came back.

Both her and L started to do this nightly routine for about a week. Each night growing closer to each other. Neither of them knew what these feelings were, but they both had a vague idea of what it could be.

L was talking with Y/n on one of those nights when it finally clicked, he heard her laughter and something in his brain went off.

He Loves her.

~
1170 words