Chapter 44: Don't Forget Where You Belong.

[Living out of cases, and packing up and taking off. 
Made a lot of changes, but not forgetting who I was]

      It was now the next day. I was sitting with James as we waited for the call from Mr. King. I still didn't want to leave the boys. I didn't think it was a good idea if I left. I was going to ask what things would come out of it today. If I did leave, what would I get from it? Would I have to be gone more than I already am? 

      My thoughts are interrupted when the Skype ringtone began ringing from the laptop. James hands me the computer. I let out a breath before accepting the call. "Have you decided?" Mr. Kings asks as soon as the call connects. 

      "Mr. King. Before I can make a decision, I have to know what good things will come out of it. Because me leaving my new family is not a good thing." I say firmly. Gramma always taught me that whenever someone is forcing you to make a decision where you don't agree with the other person, to always push for something for yourself. This was one of those times. 

      "Well lots of things for the business-" 

      "I mean for me, Mr. King." I clarify. He looks taken aback. "I'm making a really tough decision here and one of those things that you want me to do, I will have to sacrifice something of my own to do it. So what will I get?" I explain. 

      "You get paid more. This is a new band. And it won't be very long." Mr. King lists out things. 

      "Mr. King. I don't know-" 

      "Emily. This can be your big break. If you work for them and the band you're working for now, you're going to get more recognition and get asked for more. That is going to be great for both you and me." I sigh. He's right. If I want to keep up with my career, I need to get booked more and such. 

       "If I may pop in," James sits beside me. I move the camera so that he comes in. "I won't have another photographer to take her place." James says. 

      "We can have that taken care of for you. We have more photographers that are free and will be willing to take her place." This is too much. If I take the job, my career is gonna take off. If I do, I'll leave the boys. If I don't, my career will stay where it is. If I don't, I'll stay with the boys. 

       "Alright, alright." I put the camera back on me and sigh. "Mr. King. If I take it, I get more breaks." 

      "What for?" 

      "I have family issues right now. I have to be with them." He sighs and nods. 

      "Okay, deal." I can't believe I'm doing this. 

      "I'm taking it."

---

      Two weeks. Two more weeks and I'm off and away. What did I do? I can't even bring myself to look at the boys, but I kinda have to. I took photos of them from the floor. Harry raises his arm, "Give it up, for our photographer!" He says. The crowd screams and the girls in front of me start to freak out. 

      "Without her, you wouldn't have the pictures from our tour!" Louis pipes in. 

      "And Niall wouldn't keep his sanity!" I see Niall smack Zayn's arm and I giggle.

      I'll miss these moments with the boys. Ones where they're teasing each other and messing around like toddlers. The ones where they played random games and did the stupidest things to make me laugh. I'll miss them so much. I just really wish I could come out and tell them that I'm leaving. But not now. Not when they're living their best lives all together again. "This is her favorite song from us! Don't believe me? Watch her and she'll start dancing, I promise!" I laugh at Liam exposing me as the beginning of Happily began to play. I took pictures of the boys as they sang and danced around on stage. I took pictures of Louis and Liam having their usual water fights. 

      They all sat on the seats ready for Little Things making me smile. This one was always the one that made me feel better about myself and I loved watching them sing it. I sang along while taking pictures of each of the boys alone. When Niall's part came on, I felt my heart start to beat loudly as he looked at me. "You'll never love yourself as much as I love you... And you'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you too..." I see Harry smile as he looks at where Niall was looking. "If I let you know I'm here, for you... Maybe you'll love yourself like I... YOU SING!" The crowd screams the words 'love you' making me laugh. He looks back at me, 'I love you' he mouths. I feel blush as I reply. 'I love you' I mouth back. I see his grin grow wider as he starts to sing again.

      That just made it so much harder to tell him. I'd have to be away from him for so long. I feel my grin fall as I think about it. It hurts. A lot.

------

[Don't Forget Where You Belong - One Direction]

------

A/N:

:(

I bet you have an idea of how the book is gonna end now, huh?

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx