Prologue: Breakups and Taylor Swift

-Chase-

        Let's visualize this: a girl singing the song "22" by Taylor Swift in the middle of the night, just minutes before New Year's Day starts, and a boy, who just so happens to be at the same park at the same exact time, calmly sipping on his beverage and overhearing the girl sing under the moonlight -- er, I mean -- light post. Here's the catch: the girl doesn't realize that the boy is silently listening to her, whereas the boy doesn't know who the true identity of the girl is.

        These are the exact events that's happening to me right now. Now, I'll give you the whole back-story, so you can fully understand what happened earlier to make me to notice this girl.

        It will have to begin when my friend announced gleefully that we (him, my girlfriend, and I) should go to the bar place to "chill." That resulted in me seeing my girlfriend making out with some other drunk guy; thus, I had announce that our relationship was officially over. Shortly after that, I had briefly told my friend that I was going to take a casual walk around the park nearby. Yes, a walk in the middle of the night.

        This explains the reason why as I'm sitting on the bench and sipping on my second bottle of beer, I gradually begin to notice someone beginning to sing behind me. Luckily, the bush behind me conceals me, so whoever it is doesn't know that I am eavesdropping to every word, or in this particular case, every lyrics that she is singing.

        For me, I have always believed that people actually have a real reason to roam around a park in the middle of the night. My reason is that I'm trying to get over the fact that it was my girlfriend that just cheated on me, but I'm not sad or miserable. True, it's a lame excuse, but this is my number one rule for a player. Chase Parker plays them, but they don't cheat on him. Call me a jerk or whatever, but that's the way I prefer my lifestyle to be.

        Simple and relaxing.

        This girl, who I am currently listening to, apparently has no explanation to be out in the middle of the night. I mean, shouldn't her parents be worried?

        Maybe her reason is that she's bored out her mind? Hesitantly, I inch closer to hear her voice clearer.

        There really isn't anything special about her voice that stood out, besides the fact that she tends to slow down a little at some parts, (I'm guessing that she feels tired because of how fast the song's pace is?) and her voice cracks at most of the high parts, which she responds by laughing. I can't really blame her; that song really is hard to sing, not that I have ever sang it. I mean, have you ever seen a guy singing a Taylor Swift song? The answer will have to be no.

        Eventually, her semi-concert ends before I realize; she yells triumphantly into her phone, "I've completed your dare; now it's my turn." I don't hear what she says next to the person she is calling because she starts walking ahead of the track in front of her, going home, I assume.

        Okay, so this girl is singing here in the middle of a night, just to complete a dare? I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow; I wonder who she is, this weird but interesting girl. She is, in fact, the first girl I've "met" that sang in the park at near mid-night.

        Little do I know that a few weeks later, I will encounter that same girl again, and it shall not be a pleasant sight nor would she be a happy camper.

Song: "22" by Taylor Swift

Author's Note: Greetings, people! :D So I tried to add a prologue (even though most people don't like them) to the story so that it'll make sense to the title. As for why it's in a guy's point of view.... Well, I wanted to try something different. (But most of the other chapters are going to be in a girl's point of view.) Speaking of different, I promise you that I am going to make this overused plot (Bad Boy vs Good Girl) as original as possible! I hoped y'all liked this chapter! :D Sorry for any noticeable errors! Maybe comment or vote? :D

Dedicated to @cityoflostthingss_ for the amazing and gorgeous cover.