Epilogue

Thank you for making it so far. Here's a small token of my appreciation for the love and support you gave me.

💗

I glare at the cardboard box in front of me. It doesn't even budge. Nor splits all the things out of it. There are five more beside it, standing like soldiers standing in front of their colonel, yet to be opened.

"Stupid excuse of a boyfriend," I grumble under my breath. "Why did I say yes when he suggested that we should move in together?"

My eyes fall on the shining object around the ring finger of my left hand. A smile spreads on my face unconsciously as I find the answer of my question, despite the protests of my logical mind.

This ring belonged to Ashton's grandma. She gave it to him before passing away, telling him to give it to the right person.

The little four-year-old Ashton didn't understand a word his grandma said. But he took great care of the ring.

'I think I finally found my right person,' Ashton's proposal rings in my ears.

A single happy tear appears in the corner of my eyes. When Ashton officially asked me to be his girlfriend all those years ago, he freaked out in the middle of the proposal and started blabbering about ducks.

Fucking ducks.

It's been eight years since the whole incident and Ashton and I started to date. It wasn't easy. Specially in the beginning. Yet, here we are today. Finally moving in together. It was hard to settle down because of our jobs, but we made it possible. We made it.

A knock on the door behind me brings me back to reality.

"Come in," I turn around and find Sue, Miles's girlfriend, entering the room. She's holding two cups in her hands. They smell like coffee.

"Did you guys sleep well last night?" I ask her as she hands me one cup.

"Yes. Thanks for letting us stay."

"The pleasure's all ours." Miles was so excited about the get-together that he even forgot to book a hotel for themselves. So now they're staying with us for the weekend. "I was a bit surprised when Miles told me he was bringing his girlfriend with him. I never thought he would be able to make a girl fall for his nonexistent charms."

Sue giggles, blush appears on her cheeks. I sit on the bed beside her. Miles met Sue in Japan while making one of his documentaries.

They travel around a lot and were making a documentary on Jordan when Ashton and I called this welcome party. They didn't think twice before packing everything and coming back to the USA for the weekend.

Grisbee walks into the room and jumps on my lap. She has grown old now, but still furious as ever. It was unfair of my parents to send her off to live with us when they have the whole house all by themselves. But of course, having a cat around the house does invade their privacy.

"I haven't seen Miles and Ashton ever since the morning," Sue says. "Do you know where they are?"

I roll my eyes. "Miles said he was going to buy breakfast for us and Ashton said he was going to receive the last truck. But that was an hour ago. I bet they went off together somewhere."

Sue laughs as I frown. The doorbell rings right then. "It must be them," she says and gets off the bed to open the door. I follow after her.

The apartment isn't huge, there's two-rooms, a small living space, a kitchen, and a bathroom down the hallway. And there's a balcony within the living space. It's not that big but solves our purpose.