They Don't Know About Us (Lottie Tomlinson)

I was beginning to get impatient. Me and my family have been stood in this queue since five am this morning and it is now two pm. With every step forward my brother took he was getting more and more nervous. I guess that's happens when you grow up with someone you can always tell how they are feeling. I watched as he raised his hand and ran it through his hair for the billionth time in the past hour. "Louis relax you will be great." I told him trying to reassure him. 

He turned to look at me and I smiled at him trying to calm his nerves as much as possible. 

"You promise?" He asked.  

I stared in to his eyes before replying "I promise." with confidence. 

I knew he would be too . My brother was a very talented singer anyone who had ever had the pleasure of hearing him sing knew that. He wrapped his arms around me and softly ruffled my hair.  

"Thanks Lottie."  

I just smiled in return.

Not long after Louis's number was called and he was given a microphone before being rushed on to the stage. We all waited nervously in the wings as Louis walked closer to the centre of the stage before stopping on the large cross. After introducing himself and being told to begin the opening notes of Hey Delilah began to play. I held my breath in anticipation. I was suddenly nervous for him. I had heard him sing this song millions of times over the past few months whilst he was practising but this time it was different. This time his future was resting on how well he performed. Once he finished singing he let out a huge breath and looked at the judges one by one probably realising how important the next words that came out of their mouths were. Louis was the first to answer and he gave him a yes. Louis gave a polite thank you but he knew not to get his hopes up. The rest went in a blur while all the judges gave their comments till I heard Simon say "You've got three yes's." and Louis began cheering loudly. My cheeks were aching from the huge smile on my face that I knew wouldn't be going any where any time soon. I was so proud of my big brother. He had done it. He had worked so hard for it and it had paid off. I was so happy for him.

After we had been told we were allowed to leave we began walking out of the large building all of us laughing and joking still on a high from how well Louis had done. I suddenly felt myself collide with something hard and I fell backwards straight on to my bum. 

"Ouch." I mumbled.  

That bloody hurt. After rubbing my bum for a few seconds trying to lessen the pain I raised my head to look at what caused me to fall. I saw a large hand stretched out in front of me and when I looked up even further I saw a guy a few years older than me. He had light brown curls which were slightly frizzy and a pale face with a few blots of acne scattered across it. I realised I had made no attempt to move and I had yet to take my eyes off the boy. I quickly latched on to his hand and used his support to help my self up trying to regain some dignity. As I stood up I used my hands to attempt to wipe the dirt off my bum. The boy began talking. He had a very soft and soothing voice. I noticed his words were dragged out and he talked very slowly as if he had to think everything through before speaking. For some reason I found this incredibly cute. 

"I'm really sorry, I wasn't paying attention I am just so nervous. I can't think straight." 

I could see he was about to carry on so I interrupted him before he had the chance to. 

"It's fine, no worries." I gave him a small smile so he knew it really was fine. I saw my family walking off so I started to follow them. I suddenly stopped and looked over my shoulder to see his back and him walking away from me.  

"Wait!" I called out. 

He turned around and pointed at himself checking I was actually speaking to him. 

"Are you auditioning?" I asked him. 

I saw him nod his head. 

"Good luck!" I told him unsure of why I was actually doing this. 

"Thank you." he replied.  

I couldn't be sure because of the distance but I thought I saw a dimple appear on each of his cheeks as he smiled at me. I then ran to catch back up to my family who had hardly even noticed what had happened.