Not An Adventure

The cold snap of the morning was over, the sun was shining brightly as Clarke and her friends hurried through the forest hoping to get back to camp before the sun goes down.
Octavia was ahead of everyone, stopping in between to stare at flowers and whatever insects she saw on her way. Clarke thought she looked so innocent and admired how carefree she was unlike her who was always guarded.

"Hey princess," there it was again, the sweetness that came with the word princess, Finn smiled at Clarke who smiled back and said, " I do have a name you know".Finn only smiled back and took her hand in his which sent shivers through her whole body which made her wonder if it was something normal or foreign but she liked it anyways. Finn and Clarke made small talk throughout while Jasper and Monty made jokes that made everyone laugh and Wells was with Octavia explaining things to her that Clarke couldnt quite hear but knew were interesting from Octavia's face which couldn't hide her expressions of disbelief and wonder.

"Guys do you hear that?" Finn suddenly stopped in his tracks making everyone else do the same and look at him.
" Hear what ex—" started Clarke but Finn raised his hand making her stop.
"There is a river ahead, come on" He said while already turning on his heels and started running followed by the others.

Once they reached the river, they all gasped in awe for they had never seen so much water all of their lives. Octavia was first, she took off her shoes, pants and jacket which left her in her underwear and bra and run to the water, the others followed except Clarke who was still admiring the view until her thoughts were interrupted by Wells who was ushering her to join them.

Clarke looked at them with panic in her eyes and said out loud, " guys we can't swim and the water could be toxic from all the radiation,"

They all laughed at her because if the radiation was that toxic then they could all be dead by now considering they have been on the ground for almost a week now.
"Stop being a party pooper now and join us princess," said Finn

"A what now?" Said Clarke while smiling at them.

" Guys we really have to keep going if we are to be back before sun down and the rest of the camp will be waiting for us to return with the supplies." Said Clarke this time a bit serious to show that she really means what she is saying.

The group groaned and got out of the water. While they were pat drying themselves, Clarke began speaking, " Jaha said that mount weather is across the river and I don't see any bridge around, so how are we going to go across??" She said while looking at each one of them hoping for a positive answer.
"We could swim across" blurted out Octavia. They all stared at her and in unison responded, "we cant swim Octavia,". Octavia only laughed, knowing all to well how irritating that must have been.

After exhausting all the possible ways that they can cross the river, Monty finally came up with an idea that can actually be used. He told them of trees that had long branches and referenced Tarzan as an example which the rest did not know who he was but listened to him anyway. Once he had finished explaining to them, they started looking for the trees of such type, luckily for them they were some nearby and they all agreed to use to cross the river by swinging from these branches.

"I' ll go first," voluntereed Clarke but Jasper begged to go first instead and Clarke let him. He took the branch, held it firmly and let his friends push him forward and across the river he went up to the other side. Once he was there he cheered in excitement and the rest of his friends cheered back with relief that the plan actually worked until out of nowhere a spear suddenly hit Jasper right through his chest and the cheers turned into panic shouts.