I hate badgers

“Stupid girl,” Hunter mumbled as he ran through the wide desert he had come face to face with when he opened the door. He should have been ecstatic that he had finally escaped from that drenched hell hole. He should have been jumping for joy and singing sweet nothings to the sky but no instead he was running with a passed out girl in his arms as he desperately tried to avoid getting caught by giant guards with guns. Yep…could his life be anymore simple –that was sarcasm by the way-

I don’t get how the Superhero’s always end up falling in love with the girls they safe. If you ask me it’s really, really annoying.

He looked down at the girl in his arms briefly as he ran, looking for cover.

Oh yeah that is totally going to happen in the middle of a desert Hunter!  He rolled his eyes at his thoughts. God the lack of sleep was really starting to get to him wasn’t it?

He could hear the pounding footsteps of the guards as he ran and could hear as they yelled at him to stop, some of them even saying that they weren’t going to hurt him and just wanted to talk to him and the girl calmly!

God, how stupid are they? Do they really think I’m going to believe that! Man, I’m pretty sure I’ve thought this a million times but this company, or whatever it is, really need to get some guards that are way less stupid.

He stumbled in shock as he ran when suddenly the only thing he could hear was no longer just shouting but also gunshots. The sound thundered in his ears and he had to remind himself that he was holding someone in his arms to stop himself from reaching up to cover his ears.

He continued running, speeding up as even more bullets where shot. He focused on the path ahead but all he could see was sand, more sand and oh look at that, even more sand!

Any other person would have probably given up and let the guards catch up to them, or maybe let doubtful thoughts fill their head, letting all the bad things that could possibly go wrong cloud any hope they had of actually escaping. But not Hunter, Hunter had learned from a young age that he won’t achieve anything if he simply gave up when things got hard or when it seemed that there was no way of possibly triumphing what he wanted. No, he didn’t simply give up, he pushed on, pushed on until he was caught and even then he would not give up, instead he would keep fighting until his body shut down.  Seemed like something way to serious for a person like him right? But…

Hunter focused back on the task at hand as another bullet spun a lighting speed passed him; he looked behind him at the guards chasing after him, not slowing down despite the fact that he could no longer see where he was going.

Four of guards where running right behind him and when he says right he means like eight to nine meter right behind him.

It was a miracle he hadn’t got shot yet.

As he kept looking at the guards he didn’t notice the hole in the desert ground, didn’t notice he was getting closer and closer to it as he ran but he definitely noticed when he fell in!

His body lurched forward and for one second he thought he was going to throw up what little food he had in his throat.  A scream tore itself out from his mouth –if anyone asked though he would deny it every single time- and last but not least he felt Kendra slipping from his grasp. He flailed his arms around trying to catch her falling body –terror he knew he shouldn’t be feeling gripping his heart- but that was quite a hard task to do when he himself was falling.

Thud!

He didn’t have time to flinch or think if she was ok as he heard her hit the ground because not even a second latter his own body made contact with the hard ground.