The only exception

I woke up and saw a note taped at the back of my phone.

''Mornin Char! We had to go out early for our interviews, but I PROMISE I will be there on your 2nd round okay? You can do this :) xx -Nathan"

I placed the note down and smiled. I texted him and told him he better be there. I got up went to my bathroom and took a bath. As I got down I opened my wardrobe and grabbed my oversized Nirvana top, denim shorts, and black pumps. I grabbed my beanie hat and decided to set off.  

-

"Charlotte!" the lady called "You're up" I walked onto the stage and heard some cheering. Saw some banners that made me smile. I saw a lad with a fringe who was now waving frantically at me and I laughed to myself.

"Hello Charlotte!" Louis greeted.

"Hi again" I said after a few greetings I got ready for singing and when the music began it carried me and I sang with all my heart.

"Cause darling you are the only exception you are the only exception."

I ended the song with a smile and looked at Nathan who winked at me.  The judges gave their comments and when they were done I went out of the stage and went out to get some fresh air. I jumped when I felt arms snaking around my waist and when I turned around it was Nathan.

"You sounded amazing!" he smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Really?" I asked he nodded and I hugged him. "You liked it?" I asked again.

"I love it" he whispered. I blushed and looked down not wanting him to see my cheeks which I bet were flushed with red. He chuckled and lifted my chin so I was looking at him. "Was it for me?" he asked.

"Well yes." I said biting my lip he smiled again and leaned closer and closed the distance between us with a kiss. I kissed him back and when we parted all I can do was smile like a kid who just received her prize for doing great on something. He held my hand and we went out for a walk while waiting for the results. Paps were everywhere, but this didn't stop Nathan from holding my hand and talking to me. 

"Aren't you scared about all these paps?" I asked him he just looked at the paps from the other side  of the road and shooked his head. He le go of my hand and placed his arms across my shoulder.

"I'm used of them. And if they bother you I'll protect you" he winked at me and I laughed at the cheesy line.

My phone began to vibrate and I knew it was time for the results. I sighed and felt my legs go numb. Nathan held my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry" he said I closed my eyes and just hugged him. 

I walked back to the stage and saw the rest of the band waving at me. I was part of the first batch to be called for the eliminations.

"Charlotte, Camille, Alex, Daniel Please step forward." My heart began to beat faster We all held hands and I was now closing my eyes shut. "I'm sorry, but you didn't pass the next round." He said I was now in tears and was just speechless. I didn't pass. It's the end of my XFactor journey. I bit my lip and hugged and congratualated those who passed. When I got out of the stage I saw the rest of the lads staning there and Jay opened his arms. I hugged him and stayed quiet not trusting my own voice. I pulled away and heard some murmuring.

"She's the sister of Jay Mcguiness of The Wanted yet she lost. Fans must hate her for going out with Nathan." a lad said. Nathan turned around.

"Look just because you got in for bootcamp doesn't mean you can look down at people. You're not even a step close to fame." Nathan glared at him and my eyes grew wide and grabbed his arm.