The Beast and His Youthful Beauty (GaaLee) 3

Chapter 3: Dinner

Gaara had placed the black haired boy in the room next to him, thinking that it would be simpler that way. Why bother going all the way across the castle when the boy needed tending to and be checked up on by the hour? The canopied bed was queen sized and the covers enveloped the small boy entirely. Carefully, Gaara let his hands slide from underneath the small figure and he stepped back a few paces.

Gaara stared openly at the unconscious one in the room. Letting his thoughts wander as he looked upon the sleeping face of the villager.

He really was beautiful. He probably had many girls, and quite possible some boys, trying to woo him. Feathering lashes lay perfectly on his pale skin. A unique color of hair that was not common in this area as was Gaara's red hair. Black, pitch as night. It fluttered out of the skull and divinely splashed across the pristine white pillow. His skin looked gorgeous and pale. Gaara's hand hesitantly lifted and his fingers traced the boy's features gently. The sculpted nose, the delicate lashes and lids, the full and plump lips. Gaara's fingertips strayed on those lips. He wondered. Wondered what exactly they would taste and feel like. There was a soft breath that escaped the slit of the lips, meaning that the boy was still breathing steadily. That was good.

There was a knock on the door and Gaara jumped back, his fingers tingling where he had touched the boy. He shouldn't have done that. He knew the rules. No getting close, attached, no relationships. Simple. Those rules wouldn't change just because of one boy who lost his way and caught Gaara's eye.

Neji walked in with his cousin, and secret lover, Hinata, who was the nurse of the household. She instantly rushed over to the boy. Hinata tsked lightly and started washing up the blood that had dried along his collar bone.

Neji cleared his throat and said quickly, "Dinner had been prepared, sire." Gaara nodded and walked out of the bedroom. The boy would be bandaged and cleaned up. When that was done he would be sent home the same way he came. All was well.

Gaara found his way easily to the large dining room. The room was more of a hall then anything. Its long decorated walls were flourished with tapestry of the family history and crest. High ceilings held large glass chandeliers that threatened to snap and fall viciously to the floor. Long-backed chairs were placed precisely around the wooden table. Seven on each side and one each at the heads.

Gaara sat in the chair that his father had once sat upon. It gave him the feeling of accomplishment and power. He had defeated his long hated father almost two years before and his step-mother soon followed. Not wanting to kill the innocent daughter, his sister, Tamari, he had her taken care of by Hinata. Hinata taught her writing and reading. After Tamari learned the basics of civil life, Gaara sent her off to live with his elder brother in the east. There would be too many questions that he would not be able to answer for her.

A plate was placed in front of Gaara. He didn't know what the food consisted of, but ate it anyway. Just as he was finishing up his meal, the boy with the black hair walked in with Hinata. He had a bandage on his left temple and had a sheen of freshly dried sweat on his brow. Immediately, Gaara burst up from his chair, which fell backwards with a clatter. Gaara swallowed what was in his mouth and spoke politely enough to the guest, "Welcome to my home. I am Gaara. Come, eat."

The younger just stared at Gaara with a look of shock in his eyes. His face paled just a bit more and his Adam's apple bobbed. Those soft brown eyes ventured over Gaara's features. Staring at what could be seen. Soaking up the monstrous features that contained the beast, though the boy had no idea of what lay within. Seeing that Gaara was glaring at him for staring, his face flushed and he scurried over to one of the seven side chairs.