Chapter Six: The monster

Harry's POV:

It's been months since Mal defeated Audrey and let down the barrier for good so all VK's can join Auradon Prep and I haven't seen Princess once. The last time I saw her was when I found her passed out against a tree and I took her back to the Isle with Davy Jones' locket. I convinced Mal to hand it over before we went back to the Isle. That thing clearly meant something to the girl so I thought I'd do something for her after the torture she went through for it.

I tried to visit her hideout a day before I was forced to attend Auradon Prep but the entrance was blocked by pretty much everything that was in there. It was all blocked from the inside too. I went to my first class the next day which as absolutely boring. Especially without her spitting out jokes and nicknames. That's what I miss the most. That was over five months ago.

I had just finished goodness class when Fairy Godmother stopped me and asked if I'd seen Princess. I told her the truth and I was asked if I could find out what's happened to her. I was about to tell her the one problem I had but I was dismissed. Once my classes were over, I went to Uma's dorm room and asked for her help moving all of Princess's junk. She agreed and we went to the Isle.

I took her to the hideout and she used a spell to move all the junk safely. I told Uma to wait outside while I talked with Princess alone. Her hideout was a mess. Like, a bigger mess than it was in the first time I visited. There were a lot of scratch marks on the walls, some so bad that there were small chunks on the floor.

I grazed my fingers on the marks just as I heard more scratching coming from somewhere. This was getting scary at this point. I went over to her bed seeing it all ripped up with more claw marks. The pictures she had of Davy Jones and Calypso were scattered about the floor, some also clawed to pieces. Mainly the ones of Calypso.

"You shouldn't have come."

I quickly turned around to see her in the shadows but something looked wrong. She was leaning on her right side like something was weighing her down and her hair was moving.

"You, princess, have been-"

"I'M NO PRINCESS!" She snapped stepping into the light.

What I saw... was not her. Her (H/L) (H/C) hair was now long tentacles, her face was almost covered in barnacles, on her neck were scales and a starfish on the left side, her whole right arm was like a crab or lobster shell and her fingers were like crab legs but longer and sharper. Her left arm wasn't that bad, just barnacles scattered about. She looked like a monster.

"Do you think a princess would ever look like this?" She asked, "no. Only a prince will turn out looking like this. King Adam, Prince Naveen. Cursed."

"You forgot Princess Tiana," I told her.

"THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT! IM TALKING ABOUT CURSES THAT WERE ON PURPOSE!" I was horrified by her look and now her anger, "my mother cursed my dad. And when they had me, I was given the same curse. It wasn't my dad's fault, it was my mother's. Now tell me this, Hook. Who has the same curse?"

I had to think. I looked down at a photo of Davy Jones then looked back up at her. My jaw dropped open. No!

"THAT'S RIGHT, HOOK!" She said seeing the look on my face, "I AM THE DAUGHTER OF DAVY JONES AND CALYPSO! (Y/N) Jones is the name and this is what I look like now that the barrier has been taken down and magic has been restored to the Isle. And there is no spell to break this curse. Not even true loves kiss can turn me back to normal."

I was still trying to take this all in. This girl is the daughter of a sea goddess and a cursed sailor? Now I see why (Y/N) kept herself a secret and why she wanted the locket. She wanted a part of her family with her. I was still terrified of her though.

"Go. If all you're gonna do is stare at me then you may as well leave and never come back here. From now on, I belong here."

I couldn't move. I felt bad for her. And I thought the Isle was a prison when the barrier was up. This is a prison. (Y/N) gave me a glare and swiped her hand up ready to attack so I ran for it. I wouldn't be as scared if I didn't know that she was Davy Jones' daughter.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I watched Harry run away. I laid my hand on my left shoulder, tapping my finger in thought. I'm acting like a monster just because I look like one. No one in Auradon Prep will accept me if I went. A beast or a frog is all they can deal with. Not a sea creature.

(A/N: yes, I changed the lyrics a bit. Sue me)

'Just Sleep, just Dream,' I told myself, 'Just Sleep, just Dream. Just Sleep, just Dream.'

I took my hand off my shoulder and slashed the stone wall feeling no pain. Anger flooding my mind and actions.

'And in the back of my mind I was trying to chase a monster this whole time but I couldn't see the monster was me and no one heard my cries. Now I've run out of tears. The time has come for me to disappear. Get me out of this mess and away from this stress. Set me free so I can rest!' I begged, 'I'm only a kid who lost my way but if I wait long enough then I'll be saved! Just Sleep, just Dream. This isn't fair. No, I'm not just what I seem. I wanna fly but my soul is trapped inside. It's not a game, not to blame. I'm forced to hide. Just Sleep, just Dream. It's only a nightmare and soon I'll be set free!'

(And soon I'll be bet free.)

I walked in a circle, not sure what to do.

'And I've been cryin' out for help. I know I bite but I mean well. Can you see my disguise? I'm different inside. Can you break this spell? And all the ghosts from before. Their knocking and breakin' down your door. So please set me free now you have the key 'cause I can't take the pain no more! I'm only a kid who lost my way but if I wait long enough then I'll be saved. Just Sleep, just Dream. This isn't fair. No, I'm not just what I seem. I wanna fly but my soul is trapped inside. It's not a game, not to blame. I'm forced to hide Just Sleep, just Dream. It's only a nightmare and soon I'll be set free!'

This was now time my anger took over. I went over to my pile of rubbish near the door and pushed it with all my strength, blocking the entrance for good. I don't need anyone and I especially don't need Harry. This curse lasts an eternity and that's how long I'll be living. May as well make the most of it.

'I'm only a kid who lost my way but if I wait long enough then I'll be saved. Just Sleep, just Dream. This isn't fair. No, I'm not just what we seem. I wanna fly but my soul is trapped inside. It's not a game, not to blame. I'm forced to hide. Just Sleep, just Dream. It's only a nightmare and soon I'll be set free!'

I will stay in my place of solitude for as long as I live. No one should have to look at me.

(A/N: ending it here. See you next chapter)